• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Frozen Food Group Order? Foster and Smith

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thinking of stocking up on some frozen food.... it makes my fish happy. :)

Drs. Foster and Smith has great prices, but there is a $24.99 flat charge for shipping. Anyone interested in going in on an order with me?

3 or 4 people would make shipping $6-$8 each, which pays for itself with one pack of food ($2-$3 each vs. $8-$10 each at Petco)

Pickup at my place or somewhere around Gaithersburg/Rockville with beer... or I could bring your order to the January meeting (That would probably be easier, actually).

Come on.... I know you want to. :D

-Alternatively, if someone knows another place with better prices/deal on shipping, we could go there instead.

chris_todd

Members
When are you planning on ordering, Tony, I might take you up on that? I'd need some time tonight to browse their website tonight, though.

Cakes

Members
Thinking of stocking up on some frozen food.... it makes my fish happy. :)

Drs. Foster and Smith has great prices, but there is a $24.99 flat charge for shipping. Anyone interested in going in on an order with me?

3 or 4 people would make shipping $6-$8 each, which pays for itself with one pack of food ($2-$3 each vs. $8-$10 each at Petco)

Pickup at my place or somewhere around Gaithersburg/Rockville with beer... or I could bring your order to the January meeting (That would probably be easier, actually).

Come on.... I know you want to. :D

-Alternatively, if someone knows another place with better prices/deal on shipping, we could go there instead.

Depending on what you are ordering this place offers free shipping over 50 which made it cheaper then Drs. Foster and Smith.

http://stores.ebay.com/Reefs2go-by-Piece-of-the-Reef

Tony

Chris/Caleb - They only ship Monday through Thursday overnight. I'd probably order early to middle of next week to give people time to get on board and figure out what they want.

Cakes - Good find. I need to check his prices against Foster and Smith. It looks like he has similar stuff.

Tony

Darn.. took too long to replay, missed your post Jose.

If we order today, Foster and Smith should probably be able to get the order out tomorrow, which would get here on Friday. Thoughts?

chris_todd

Members
Actually, on further reflection, I'll bow out of this one, and just visit my LFS. I'm pretty well stocked right now, won't be at the December meeting, and will need some before the January meeting, so the logistics just don't work for me. Sorry, maybe next time.

longstocking

Members
I'm might do this....I'll get back to ya guys tonight if I do....Anyone interested in maybe splitting the frozen cyclops? I don't need that much ! We might have to take a chisel to it or something...

Tony

I think it's after 6 or more on certain foods.

Yeah, they let you mix and match all of their frozen foods, regardless of brand. Since we'll be getting more than six items total, figure on the discounted prices.

Tony

Jose - How do you tell items are backordered?

Sarah - .75 Kg of cyclop-eeze.... Not sure if I would be able to run through even half of that before it went bad in my freezer, lol!

DonkeyFish

Members
I am totally interested in going in on this... whenever it happens. The best way to get frozen foods is with friends :)