• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free! Horseshoe Crab and Hermit Crab

Lively

Members
We (read, I) just don't have the time (or money for that matter) to keep the salt tank. I have a big hermit crab and a horseshoe crab that need a new home. The horseshoe crab is small now - but it will grow to be pretty darned big, please keep that in mind. I will definately be at the October meeting - I might not be able to stay for the whole thing - but I will be there! Will also be at Aquafest.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
YOU ARE THE 1ST PERSON IVE EVER KNOWN TO KEEP A HORSESHOE CRAB BESIDES A PROFESSIONAL AQUARIUM. IM IMPRESSED. WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO KEEP HIM? KIDS?

Jumbie

Members
YOU ARE THE 1ST PERSON IVE EVER KNOWN TO KEEP A HORSESHOE CRAB BESIDES A PROFESSIONAL AQUARIUM. IM IMPRESSED. WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO KEEP HIM? KIDS?

LOL...had to be the kids lol... I am impressed as well Stacy;)! How long did you have it and what were you feeding it? have any pics.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
WHERE IM FROM THEY USE THEM AS FERTILIZER. I ALSO HAVE READ ALOT OF RESEARCH IS DONE USING THEIR BLOOD. IT HAS SOME AMAZING ATTRIBUTES IN THE MEDICINE FEILD.

Lively

Members
Combo of kids, hubby and not knowing any better. We've had him about 7 or 8 months now, I guess. No pictures, we rarely see it and if we do see it in the water it means it's really hungry! From what I read on them, they normally die in the home aquarium because they starve. We put bits of shrimp in the sand for it to find and eat.

Jumbie

Members
Yeah I was thinking that you had to put some sort of food under the sand and not on top, that’s pretty cool.

Lively

Members
It's just a run of the mill hermit we got as a part of our clean up crew- it's a couple of years old. Though - considering my propensity for Electric blue fishies... lol

TheWire

Members
We (read, I) just don't have the time (or money for that matter) to keep the salt tank. I have a big hermit crab and a horseshoe crab that need a new home. The horseshoe crab is small now - but it will grow to be pretty darned big, please keep that in mind. I will definately be at the October meeting - I might not be able to stay for the whole thing - but I will be there! Will also be at Aquafest.

lol you have anything saltwater to sell? i m looking for a refractameter and some cheap salt woot!

Lively

Members
Nope, sorry! The sand I'm going to rinse and use when I turn the tank to freshwater. I don't have much salt left I'm going to keep that treating sick fish!

Lively

Members
I need to clean the tank - I'll see if I can get him to come up long enough to click a shot or two of him.