• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free: dwarf puffer

chris_todd

Members
After decimating the snail population in my 75g planted tank, he has now decimated my shrimp population as well, so he's got to go. Free to a good home. I have no idea what species he is, it was just sold to me as a "dwarf puffer".

PM me if interested, I can deliver to this Saturday's meeting.

YSS

Members
Chilotilapia rhoadesii or Neolamprologous tretocephalus

Ok, thanks. I like the looks of Chilotilapia rhoadesii and it would go well in my tank, but it appears to grow pretty large .... Do you know if it's easy to find?

The thread is officially high jacked. Sorry ...

chris_todd

Members
Ok, thanks. I like the looks of Chilotilapia rhoadesii and it would go well in my tank, but it appears to grow pretty large .... Do you know if it's easy to find?

LOL, not a problem! I felt kind of silly posting only to find a taker in GWAPA 15 minutes later.

emartin

Members
Other snail eater african cichlids:
Chilotilapia euchilus
Mylochromis epichorialis
Naevochromis chrysogaster

Or you could always do ANY synodontis catfish and loach...

YSS

Members
Other snail eater african cichlids:
Chilotilapia euchilus
Mylochromis epichorialis
Naevochromis chrysogaster

Or you could always do ANY synodontis catfish and loach...

Thanks for the info. So, synos eat snails? Even Eupterus and petricolas?

Man, those are all pretty nice looking cichlids. Especially love the Chilotilapia euchilus. My wife would definitely love the lips. :)

Last edited:

iamzrad

Members

I have one and so does Mike (DiscusnAfricans).
Slow growers, pretty independant if kept alone (not in a group). I haven't seen my guy go into the substrate yet. He's very friendly, doesn't hide when I clean the tank or nothing. I could pick him up with my hand if I wanted.
They're not all too common, some stores (I know That Fish Place has some in stock), and online stores/breeders have them. Check around.
And I think they grow to a medium sized hap (6" or so).

I would def look into getting one!

chris_todd

Members
Lancaster, PA. You can also order fish off their website if you don't mind shipping.

But if you've never been there, you should go. It's a very pleasant drive (well, from Baltimore it is, anyway) and a great store. Try to go on a Saturday when the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County (www.aclcpa.org) is having one of their meetings, that makes it double fun!

YSS

Members
I have one and so does Mike (DiscusnAfricans).
Slow growers, pretty independant if kept alone (not in a group). I haven't seen my guy go into the substrate yet. He's very friendly, doesn't hide when I clean the tank or nothing. I could pick him up with my hand if I wanted.
They're not all too common, some stores (I know That Fish Place has some in stock), and online stores/breeders have them. Check around.
And I think they grow to a medium sized hap (6" or so).

I would def look into getting one!

Just got one today at Annandale Super Pets. He is barely 2", but should survive in the tank with big boys.