• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free 20g setup for a classroom

Hawkman2000

Members
I picked up an Aqueon 20g with glass top, aquatech filter, Aqueon LED light, and a heater for free.

I cleaned it up to almost new condition, and it is ready to be scaped and stocked.

I also comes with a Blue Crawfish if you want it.

I also have construction sand and assorted rocks that has already been washed and boiled that can come with it.

I also have a ton of fake plants that you can choose from. I am never going to use them.

(I know, too many alsos)

All it needs is replacement cartridges for the filter.

I would recommend getting the additional Aqueon color enhancing tube (24 inch) for the light, but it is not necessary. I have seen it on amazon for something like 15$.

Just let me know what school to go to, and we can work out I time for delivery. BTW, I prefer to deliver it to the actual classroom, just to make sure its not going to someone's house.

halak

Members
If you are willing to give it to my school which is all the way in Germantown, Montgomery County, MD, I will take it. It would go into my classroom. Is it a 20 long?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I can't think of much worse than someone taking a free tank, saying that it's for a school classroom and keeping it for themselves.

Matt

Ading522

Members
I can't think of much worse than someone taking a free tank, saying that it's for a school classroom and keeping it for themselves.

Matt

there are some who pose as school teachers..when asked for identification and proof , they do not reply..

halak

Members
I am actually an astronaut posing as a teacher...;)

Andrewtfw can verify that I am a teacher in Montgomery County.

Hawkman2000

Members
Its a 20 tall. 24 x 12 foot print.

What is the address of the school in md. I will be in md monday or tuesday for a med. exam. I dont know how long it will take, but I can swing by after.

PM me with your # and I'll call you monday morning.

BTW, I'm not familiar with aquatech filters. I don't know if it is big enough, but it should be enough.

Last edited:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I am actually an astronaut posing as a teacher...;)

Andrewtfw can verify that I am a teacher in Montgomery County.

Viktor is a teacher with MCPS. I can see him on the mcps email system. This is a very generous offer.

halak

Members
Thanks again, Chad. I have set it up already and will put plants/fish in it Monday/Tuesday. The kids were guessing what animals would go in it (before it had water in it), and one first grader guessed a baby lion. I guess you might be able to fit one in...

Hawkman2000

Members
How do you like the sand?

I would also recomend getting the color enhancing led tub for the light. I have seen them on amazon for something like 15$.