• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fossorochromis Rostratus

iamzrad

Members
My big boy.

rostra_a28541a66f.jpg

iamzrad

Members
I got two from Gerard (livingaquarium) over a year ago. They were about 2" or so. I was lucky and a pair came out. He's got one female with him now, but no activity just yet.
I should mention that the male didn't get this size and coloring till about a month or so ago. He literally exploded in size and color within a week.

Spine

Members
I got two from Gerard (livingaquarium) over a year ago. They were about 2" or so. I was lucky and a pair came out. He's got one female with him now, but no activity just yet.
I should mention that the male didn't get this size and coloring till about a month or so ago. He literally exploded in size and color within a week.

That one is a nice it was worth the wait.

iamzrad

Members
phil your avatar is messing with my eyes ahhhh.

Yeah. The fossy is great, but the avatar is making me nauseous.

Haha. It's my spin off of a 3D picture :D
No glasses needed!

Definitely a nice looking fish. I think he looks even better in person.

Thanks. Yeah, from when you've seen him, he had a lot more red in his body. He always changes depending on him mood. Usually is very bright towards the end of the day.
I wish I had some more light underneath of him to get his bottom lit up. His fins were crazy black!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I knew he wasn't small from the pic, but they get a lot bigger than that and even more attractive, at least the males- I have never seen a large rostratus female.