• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

forward from super pets-

ddavila06

Members
THIS PERSON HAS AN OUTGROWN FISH AND NEEDS A NEW HOME, ANYONE?? PM ME IF INTERESTED FOR CONTACT INFO

We had intended on purchasing a larger fish tank but it is financially out of the question right now, and we have a 7-8 inch Red Bellied Pacu who has outgrown our 40 gallon tank. Any attempts to introduce smaller fish quickly become the Pacu's midnight snack.

We want to find a good home and we are willing to give the Pacu away for free. Can you recommend someone?

Thank you,
Bob

eden2020

Members
Pacu...

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Hopefully they can find a home for it. Why are pet stores still allowed to sell these things? How many people can REALLY house a full grown Pacu? What a shame... Good luck, it's nice of you to try to help out..

-marc and marcus

ddavila06

Members
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Hopefully they can find a home for it. Why are pet stores still allowed to sell these things? How many people can REALLY house a full grown Pacu? What a shame... Good luck, it's nice of you to try to help out..

-marc and marcus

i know what u r saying! .. someday it will be illegal to sell them to protect the hobby and the customers themselves from buying such fish...right now im only forwarding what the owner sent me that someone sent her...

rich_one

Members
Aw, man... one of the worst aquarium fish ever. Thing gets big enough and develops large enough teeth to be featured on River Monsters! OUCH!

-Rich

hotwingz

Members
I agree too big of a fish to be an aquarium kept fish! I hate seeing them in pet stores. People have no idea what their getting into when buying them! Cool fish though!

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hotwingz

Members
Actually they are supposed to be quite tasty!

hotwingz

Members
They use piranha teeth! I know that. Pacus are omnivors so idk if their teeth would work.

ddavila06

Members
They use piranha teeth! I know that. Pacus are omnivors so idk if their teeth would work.

pacus might be switching into omnivorous now...there were at the "river monsters" program.. he explained something about them, cant remember

Hawkman2000

Members
The episode of River Monsters with the Pacu was in New Guinie. The gov. had introduced them into the rivers there to give the people something to fish out of the river and eat. They figured that since it was an herbavor, it wouldn't be a prob. Thing is, Pacus normaly eat nuts that fall into the water. There teeth are made for crushing and grinding. Now the Red Bellied Pacu in New guinie is adapting to a carnivorouse diet due to the lack of nuts, at least the ones from trees - OUCHIES.