• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Formula To Deturmin How Much Your Hand Shakes

cyradis4

Members
1.) Aquire a digital camera with a LOT of optical zoom (over 8x at least)

2.) Take aforementioned camera to the top of a high parking garage near which a police helicopter is circling.

3.) Try to take a maximum magnification of the helecopter which is several buildings and several hundred feet above you.

4.) Calculate hand shake using this formula:

(distance factor) * (Optical Zoom Factor)
Hand shaking = --------------------------------------------------------
(length of time helicopter is in viewfinder)

The smaller the the number the less your hand shakes.

My hand shaking factor is much higher then I want it. At 12x optical zoom, the blasted hellicopter would stay in the veiw finder for only a couple of seconds! But sometimes a few moments is all you really need.....

Amanda.

Police%20Helecopter%20_20071005_033.JPG

DeeCee

Members
LOL, Amanda,
How many shots did it take you in order to come up with that formula? It would have taken me at least 100 - which really would make me appreciate digital cameras. I remember the days of waiting for Walmart to run their "$1 a Roll" Photo developing sales and running in with 30 rolls of film.

Ummm..........the police helicopter wasn't circling over you for a reason, was it ??? :p

DC

cyradis4

Members
HAHA!!!!!

Nope, the copter was not over me.... But it was fairly close. I work at Hopkins Hospital on thier building commissioning team, and the area outside of the Hopkins hospital campus is a .... sewer is the best way to put it. Hopkins itself is very safe (security is all over the place).

And believe it or not, it only took 10 pics or so! (well, 10 that actually had the helicopter in it.... but we won't mention that.....)

Amanda.