• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Football is back!

Nah. You either love them or hate them. I knew what I was getting in to when I put that on a forum located in DC. LOL

Go Cowboys!!!

LOL right!

Heck ya! Boys rock!

Yes it has....and it's only getting better. Garret has control over this team not Jerry. Watch the difference it makes. We will win the super bowl this year. How many rings do the skins have? :jumpy:
Who is going to throw the ball for you guys this year? Tony Romoatthebeachandgolfcoursethanfootballfield? I still think the Cowboys win more games than the Skins this year, but SuperBowl win? Not a chance.:eek:

Hahaha, is that all Cowboys fans say "How many rings do the Skins have?" How bout this, how many yall won the last 15 years partner?!? Listen last I saw steelers had 6, so who is the big cahuna? (thats right bragging rights go to steelers)You could have 9 and it don' t matter. At one point we had more than the cowboys! Superbowl, don't think so! Keep dreaming!

KMX

Members
Gotta love the Romo haters. He has only played 3-4 full years. He is on pace to have better numbers and win more games then Manning.

He may be on pace to do a lot of things, but catch Manning, not a chance. I dont "hate" on many players, aside from "Fat Albert", just call them like I see them. His QB rating is one of the highest ever at 4th all time currently, but when it comes to wins- Since 2006,Regular season wins: Peyton Manning has 61, Romo has 45, career wise regular season, Peyton has 144 wins to Romo's 45. Even winning all 16 games, Romo would need six more seasons to catch up. At a 10 win season average, it would take him 10 years. The difference in age is only 4 years since Romo sat for the first two or three years he was in Dallas. Peyton may play until he is 40, which would be five more seasons that Romo would have to match him win for win before he could begin playing catch up.

Now lets look at numbers: yards, Peyton: 54,828 Romo: 16,650, never going to happen. Touchdowns: Peyton 399, Romo 118, again, never going to happen Interceptions: Peyton 198, Romo 62 Probably wont happen so this is in Romo's favor, what I consider the biggest reason he will never catch Peyton on most categories: Pass Attempts per Game: Peyton 34.7, Romo 23.3 Hard to catch someone when you throw 11 times per game less. I also do not think that Romo has the tools around him to win enough games even if he was solely focused on football, but when you are going to golf qualifying tournaments on the bye week during the season it makes me question how long you intend to play football.

verbal

CCA Members
Go Vikings! Just sucks that we traded for McNabb... :(

What major needs do the Vikings have besides QB?

The probably with McNabb and the Skins was that they thought he could cover for too many other holes(weak running game, average at best receivers, etc.). I don't think McNabb will be as good as Favre was 2 years ago, but he will be far better than either he or Favre were last year.

well the Vikes lost arguably their best receiver to Seattle yesterday as word is that Sidney Rice signed there for $41 million. Adrian Peterson has come out and said he is furious about the team letting Rice get away so they have an upset superstar rb who will be a free agent next year. They are weaker now at the backup QB spot now that Tavarris Jackson is gone. You are probably going to lose your nose tackle, Pat Williams and then one of your ends faces a four game suspension while the other is being released. You signed Ayodele to replace Pat Williams, who seems like a capable replacement but overall your defensive line could be a question mark. I believe you also have two questionable injuries on your offensive line that could prove costly.

mdlnewman

Members
Gotta love how stupid some GMs are, 41mil for Rice who has had what 1 good year ever and that with a Hall of Famer at his slinging best. Glad I'm not a SeaChickens fan, Carroll is well on his way to ruining another team(QB we don't need no stinking QB).

Santonio Holmes got $50mil from the Jets, the only real plus to that deal was that it is supposedly on a one year team option for each year so if he gets in trouble again and gets suspended for an entire season (which his next drug trouble would be) they wont suffer too badly. He really only ever had one good season much like Rice. These two WR deals are one of the reasons I was impressed with the Redskins getting Santana Moss signed for 3yr/$15 mil.

verbal

CCA Members
well the Vikes lost arguably their best receiver to Seattle yesterday as word is that Sidney Rice signed there for $41 million.
Losing Rice and the injuries to the O-Line do hurt the offense. They do have one of the best RBs in the league, but it will be hard for McNabb without a legit #1 receiver(you could argue that Harvin is more a #3 receiver than a #2).

verbal

CCA Members
These two WR deals are one of the reasons I was impressed with the Redskins getting Santana Moss signed for 3yr/$15 mil.
Obviously someone who knows something about football and value is making the Skins decisions(i.e. not Snyder). I think they still could use another receiver. I think Mike Sims-Walker or Malcolm Floyd could work well if the price is reasonable.

Davey_8313

Members
I cant believe that what the Cardinals gave up for Kevin Kolb. That's ridiculous. Skins fans happy to be rid of Haynesworth? And now the Patriots have signed Ochocinco also. Hernandez even gave him his number 85 jersey so he gets to keep that in New England.

mdlnewman

Members
I would be surprised if it was not a transaction more than a give.

I cant believe that what the Cardinals gave up for Kevin Kolb. That's ridiculous. Skins fans happy to be rid of Haynesworth? And now the Patriots have signed Ochocinco also. Hernandez even gave him his number 85 jersey so he gets to keep that in New England.

Sims Walker is on his way to St Louis where he will have Sam Bradford throwing him the ball. The Skins QB situation is going to keep most really good wide receivers from signing with them. I agree on the Kevin Kolb deal, and now the Eagles secondary goes from almost last in 2010 to probably top 2 this year by getting Cromartie in the trade and sneaking in to get Asomugha. These two along with Asante Samuel means it should be pretty difficult to throw on the Eagles now. I will give the Skins credit though, alot of no flash, solid signings the last week so maybe there is hope of competing for the playoffs in 2012.

KMX

Members
He may be on pace to do a lot of things, but catch Manning, not a chance. I dont "hate" on many players, aside from "Fat Albert", just call them like I see them. His QB rating is one of the highest ever at 4th all time currently, but when it comes to wins- Since 2006,Regular season wins: Peyton Manning has 61, Romo has 45, career wise regular season, Peyton has 144 wins to Romo's 45. Even winning all 16 games, Romo would need six more seasons to catch up. At a 10 win season average, it would take him 10 years. The difference in age is only 4 years since Romo sat for the first two or three years he was in Dallas. Peyton may play until he is 40, which would be five more seasons that Romo would have to match him win for win before he could begin playing catch up.

Now lets look at numbers: yards, Peyton: 54,828 Romo: 16,650, never going to happen. Touchdowns: Peyton 399, Romo 118, again, never going to happen Interceptions: Peyton 198, Romo 62 Probably wont happen so this is in Romo's favor, what I consider the biggest reason he will never catch Peyton on most categories: Pass Attempts per Game: Peyton 34.7, Romo 23.3 Hard to catch someone when you throw 11 times per game less. I also do not think that Romo has the tools around him to win enough games even if he was solely focused on football, but when you are going to golf qualifying tournaments on the bye week during the season it makes me question how long you intend to play football.

You can say never but you truley don't know. Anything can happen. Manning could play until he is 50 or this could be his last year. You just never know. I don't think Romo is better or will ever be better then Manning. I was just stating the facts. As of now Romo is on pace to be better then Manning.

Romo has never had tools around him. We need a OL or we don't have anything. He has been sacked more times then milk at wall-mart!