• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Food for the May meeting

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well, that means I'm not only skipping breakfast, but dinner the night before. LOL!:lol::lol::lol: Love me some Jumbalaya, especially Reel's 2.0 version. :cool:

LOL
Okay, speaking of that, (and I am not picking on him because I know Richard is joking here but his post reminded me of something I have been meaning to discuss,) remember this is supposed to be refreshments. Not lunch for 75 people each month.
What I am getting at is, THANK YOU to all that help with the food and those that donate each month. I know its hard. I did it for quite a while.

But to those that don't bring food, remember this is not a meal.
Please have a little. Please enjoy it. Please thank the people that bring it, But I watched several people over the last few months take what I would consider enough food for 3 people each.. By 2 when we are supposed to start, there was none left.
Its like last year when I brought the hotdogs. I watched one person put 4 on his plate. The person behind him had 3 on his in line.
The same year when I brough meat balls for the mini subs. One person actually was bragging about how good they were and they had 4 of the little subs. At the same time the guy he was talking to was compaining that he did not get any because he got there at 210.
What about everyone else?

Bottom line. It's refreshments.
I love that we do this.
I love that people are doing it so I don't have to.
I love that its a tradition with the club,
but we do not need to feed the family for a week.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
You are absolutely right Pat. As a matter a fact there are meetings where I really don't have a chance to eat anything because I am so busy.

Charlutz

Members
Pat -

I agree and appreciate all the generosity of the people who bring food. I do miss the meatballs and wings though. Weren't they in the club budget? Does the club not budget for food any more? Not a complaint; merely a question. :)

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I've yet to try any of the food at the meetings aside from a cookie or two, mainly because I'm so excited to be at a meeting I can't even think about eating... but I'm definitely gonna try the jumbalaya this time ;)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Mikey Gray, does that mean you're coming all the way down from WV to visit?

That's great! Come on down:)))

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Hey, the Stained Glass Pub almost across the street has great food for lunch. Ask Jumbie. It may look like a dive but it is actually a nice family place when you get inside. The parking lot is full sometimes but the Metro lot is next door and free on Sat. Not 100 percent but I suspect Mike and I will be there. I had best make sure he is going. I am and plan to lunch across the way as has become my custom. I'll be at the bar unless you all beat me there and crowd up the place.

I know he doesn't want me to put this out there but when was the last time i did what was expected. I am quite certain that the CCA food budget would never have covered all the wings this outfit went through. Lots of those wings came out of the Kelly household budget. Do you folks realize what wings cost?

George

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Mikey Gray, does that mean you're coming all the way down from WV to visit?

That's great! Come on down:)))

That's right Richard, 2 in a row :D. Klaus is another one of the guys that I've been waiting years to meet in person. It's Spring Turkey season here in WV right now and spring turkey huntin is my passion... but I'm passing up a day in the woods to come hang out with Klaus and the CCA, no place I'd rather be this saturday.

George, I'm probably not the Mike you were referring to... but what time is "lunch" at that place? I might be interested in trying it out. I'm afraid if I get to the meeting and try the jumbalaya and really like it, I'll get myself in trouble by eating up all the "refreshments" :lol: I think by looking at me it's pretty obvious, if I like the taste of a certain food I can put a lot of it away in a short period of time :cool:

That's right Richard, 2 in a row :D. Klaus is another one of the guys that I've been waiting years to meet in person. It's Spring Turkey season here in WV right now and spring turkey huntin is my passion... but I'm passing up a day in the woods to come hang out with Klaus and the CCA, no place I'd rather be this saturday.

George, I'm probably not the Mike you were referring to... but what time is "lunch" at that place? I might be interested in trying it out. I'm afraid if I get to the meeting and try the jumbalaya and really like it, I'll get myself in trouble by eating up all the "refreshments" :lol: I think by looking at me it's pretty obvious, if I like the taste of a certain food I can put a lot of it away in a short period of time :cool:

Im with you Mike I could eat the whole pot of jumbalaya once I get started lol. Nice use of the word "refreshments" lol

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Pat -

I agree and appreciate all the generosity of the people who bring food. I do miss the meatballs and wings though. Weren't they in the club budget? Does the club not budget for food any more? Not a complaint; merely a question. :)

Requests and donations are always welcome. I took over "food committee" for Pat this year. Since I live 2 hours away, I ask for people who are willing to bring food. I would love it if you were interested in making meatballs or bringing wings for the club. Receipts can be submitted but my hope is by spreading the food expenses between enough people, we can donate alot of it and save the club money while still having refreshments. Realistically, our club is way to big for the club to buy wings for 70-100 people. It costs alot more than you would think.

Man the food thread has some action this month. I enjoy cooking and donating the hot food, I figure the money goes to better things. But yes the cost no one calculates that. I had 12lbs of meat for the sloppy joes and I guess at 3$ a lb plus the spices and peppers well you can roughly do the math.

The wife is always amazed that I come home with 1,2 or 3 crockpots empty. I say those guys and girls can eat. I appreciate what Pat said about taking some but be courteous and think about the people behind you so they can enjoy a bit also!!!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
We have money for food and if you tell Rachel, and bring receipts, we will get you reimbursed.
Since Rachel took over most of the food has been donated.
That is GREAT and I love it. THANK YOU.

We are in decent shape as far as money in the club but it takes a lot of money to run it. Thats why I am always looking for donations. Think of it this way, This months airfare is a little over $500. That does not count anything else. Next month will more than double that.

I will go over finances with anyone that wants too but just to talk a little about the food end?
George is right, Most of the wings and other food items in years gone by were out of my pocket.
The last year or so I would turn in about 1/2 of the food receipts. Just as an example, The first time Ad came to town, we went through almost $200.00 just in wings. Not counting the 17 2liter bottles of soda, the chips, cookies, veggies, fruit, ice, plates, cups, towels, sterno, pans, and utensils. I figued out a couple years ago that between what the club spent and what I spent, we used approx $2000.00 worth of stuff. lol and we only had 77 of us in the club. lol Now take 77 people and multiply that by $20.00 for dues. lol

Anyway, yes PLEASE DONATE.
And YES Please Enjoy the food.
And YES Please THANK those that bring the food.

I just wanted to say please remember the others in the club too. Thats all. Was not supposed to be a big thing. lol Just a bug in the ear.