• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fluval m series heater

Ading522

Members
So I just got my fluval m 200 watt heater and this is the first fluval brand heater I have..compared to my Eheim jagers, they do not have a minimum water line and max water line.. Does this mean that I cannot fully submerge the heater?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

If I recall they are fully submersible if you want it above water I believe only the top temp adjustment part can be above.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mchambers

Former CCA member
When I search for Fluval Series M heater, I find the Hagen website that says it is submersible. Did you try that?

Ading522

Members
When I search for Fluval Series M heater, I find the Hagen website that says it is submersible. Did you try that?

I haven't tried the heater yet..as I see two lines..a line for minimum water fill and a line for maximum fill..but it doesn't even submerge the knob head where you adjust the temp..so.,is it really submersible or not?

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Leffler817

CCA Members
As Matt said, it is posted on the Hagen website that it is fully submersible. I have not had any problems with the three that I have. But you, I think you should just give me yours and find another heater..... ;)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Interestingly, the Fluval manual says not to put the heater below the Max line, but it is called a submersible heater. I found a YouTube video where the author claimed he had contacted Hagen/Fluval, who confirmed it could be completely submersed.

http://youtu.be/ZPLxmlwbteE

Becca

Members
This is why I just stick to the eheim jaegers... even, years ago, when they said not to fully submerse them, you could, with no ill-effect.

Ading522

Members
As Matt said, it is posted on the Hagen website that it is fully submersible. I have not had any problems with the three that I have. But you, I think you should just give me yours and find another heater..... ;)

Buy them from me. They're brand new.. I'll ask what I paid for from kens..a 200 watt and 300 watt heater. ;)

Ading522

Members
Interestingly, the Fluval manual says not to put the heater below the Max line, but it is called a submersible heater. I found a YouTube video where the author claimed he had contacted Hagen/Fluval, who confirmed it could be completely submersed.

http://youtu.be/ZPLxmlwbteE

I saw the video too but I tried to contact hagen USA with no response.. Should try again today.

Ading522

Members
This is why I just stick to the eheim jaegers... even, years ago, when they said not to fully submerse them, you could, with no ill-effect.

Then maybe the same could be applied to the fluval m series?

Becca

Members
Then maybe the same could be applied to the fluval m series?

I have no idea. For whatever reason, I am not a fan of fluval. I can't even remember why. I can say their customer service is pretty great - when my husband bought me the edge and I went through 3 light fixtures in a year, they replaced the 3rd one, past warranty, with the new LED fixture because they knew the prior fixture had issues that the LED one solved.

I would try their customer service tomorrow, when it's not a holiday.