• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fluval 304 Help

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
My friend's dad had a tropical community tank going but broke it down a couple months ago. I was given his water-tight 55 gallon tank, a huge master test kit, and a Fluval 304 for free. My friend told me that the Fluval works but it is missing a part. Since it was not his tank and he knows nothing about aquarium filters he was unable to tell me what part is missing. I've never had one of these before and there isn't any paperwork that comes with it. Does anyone have one that would be able to look at mine and help me figure out which part is missing? I don't need it anytime soon so I could bring it to the next meeting to be investigated, lol.

I have had 4 404s at various times. If you don't have it figured out by next meeting, I can take a look. Have you tried running it in the kitchen sink (or bathtub, etc.) yet, to see whether it works at all? Or, just plug in the motor to see if the impeller turns? If you have some symptoms of non-working to describe, we maybe able to figure it out just by your description of what it does/doesn't do, or what sounds it may be making.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Thanks guys! I'll take a look at the owner's manual and see if I can't figure it out. If I can't figure out whats missing by the September meeting than I will bring it so you guys can take a peek.