• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish rack

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Will,

Let me know if you want some help. I live in Silver Spring, have circular saws and a compound mitre saw, drills, etc. PM me, or respond in this thread.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Will,

Let me know if you want some help. I live in Silver Spring, have circular saws and a compound mitre saw, drills, etc. PM me, or respond in this thread.

Sure just let me know what wrks for you. I've got saws and stuff too just wish I had something to make dado cuts easier ohhh and a rasp I have a file but feel like that would take forever.
Sent a pm

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JasonC

Members
If the dado cuts you are talking about are the ones in your vertical 2x4's, clamp all the pieces together, and set your circ. saw to the depth of the notch. run a whole bunch of cuts through where you want the dado to be and then chisel out what is left. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. :p

chriscoli

Administrator
I second the easy peezy lemon squeezy! Even I can cut dados! (Once I got up the guts to do it)

And I find something rather cathartic about whacking the resulting little slices out of the gap.

Oh, and I give myself bonus points for the skinned knuckles when rasping the groove smooth. The blood adds character to the project, IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I second the easy peezy lemon squeezy! Even I can cut dados! (Once I got up the guts to do it)

And I find something rather cathartic about whacking the resulting little slices out of the gap.

Oh, and I give myself bonus points for the skinned knuckles when rasping the groove smooth. The blood adds character to the project, IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I thought you made Jim do all that hard work! ;)

JasonC

Members

In the theatre carpentry world we often say that our job isn't done until there is blood somewhere on the set. :p

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
I built a fence in which the top 2x6 rails where dado'd/overlapped rather than butt-ended. Used my circular saw to cut slices and chipped out with hammer and chisel.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Yay! thank you Abby
lil bro thanks for helping shovel 12yards of mulch + getting the rack framed up.
so as promised here are pics (not done yet but will continue to update)

Most important thank you to my wife for all the putting up with the saw dust and the chaos while I organize and move ranks around

4FFC4881-BF57-4BD7-895A-4F0ABD07C3A1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
84FBF2A7-EE68-4BA1-B9FA-52F2D68D5B68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DF561E35-9967-49FA-9FDC-463E2218C905.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Abby congrats on your son and his success with the Pygmy octopus hope this is the correct picture

You have just cause to brag lol you should set up post and brag away

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1397192020.549569.jpg

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Will,

That's the correct photo - really cool stuff!

It was great meeting and chatting with you yesterday. I think we spent 95% of the time yakking, 5% working - just about the right ratio, me thinks!
thanks

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Well I agree...always awesome to find someone with same interests. Again one can never have too many hobbies.
If you get another tank and decide to do Malawi's I got you lol

Pretty impressive research they got going down at MOTE looked it up when I was a school.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
My son is hoping to get more space for his octopus and cuttlefish breeding. The pygmy octopus fry are in a 12 gallon tank!