• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Finally, pics of 7 ft. 210!

rich_one

Members
Damien - Indeed I will, my friend! Hopefully, starting tonight!

Terrell - Thanks, man!

Zach - I know, right? I reinforced the crap out of that stand. Nightmares of 210 gallons of water on my basement floor... brrr... still makes me shiver! LOL...

Tony - Already in the house! I'm moving my vieja collection from my two 125s and bringing them all together in the 210. Then, I'm using the 125s to attempt to breed a couple of species... festae, among others!

-Rich

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Looks good, Rich. Put up some pics once you've got it stocked.

I'd love to have a whole room full of tanks that size...

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
As everyone has said, congrats on the tank. What will the filtration consist of? Also, what are the light bulbs you are using?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rich_one

Members
Jon, you have more tanks than I can even THINK about maintaining! LOL...

Thanks, Jesse... I'm chomping at the bit to get the fish in there!

Andrew, the plan is to use two AC110s and a Fluval FX5. As you can tell by the pic, only one AC110 is currently on the tank. I pulled it from my 75 gallon, so I can quickly seed the tank. I still have to pickup both the other AC110 and the FX5. The FX5 is a couple weeks away. The other AC110 should be tonight, so that's when I'll probably start moving some of the fish over, and then monitoring things from there.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Oh... forgot to mention about the lighting. No idea... I didn't really look at them. Not a fan of that blue hue though. It doesn't look as blue in person as it seems to appear on the photo, but it's blue enough that I don't like it. However, I'll have to deal with it for a few weeks until I get around to replacing the bulbs with ones that I like better.

-Rich

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Tony - Already in the house! I'm moving my vieja collection from my two 125s and bringing them all together in the 210. Then, I'm using the 125s to attempt to breed a couple of species... festae, among others!

Man, that's gonna be some seriously sick fish in there. Definitely good use of some monster tank space!

Can't wait to see it rolling! Congrats bud.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
You should see Rusty Wessel's fish house. He's got the whole room lined with 7' 265's (same foot print as Rich's tank but taller) stacked over 180's. It was awesome.

If I were able to get something like that, an automatic water change system would be the only way to go. I'm about maxed out as it is with the tanks I have with traditional water changes.

rich_one

Members
I can imagine, man. When I acquired this tank, I decided to scale back my 6 tanks (this would have been 7th) back to 3. Now I just have my two 125s and this 210. Well, and an empty 29 as a possible fry growout tank. I think I'm done acquiring tanks for quite some time now, barring some unforseen disaster.

-Rich

dogofwar

CCA Members
An easy way to do water changes for big tanks is to get a length of 1" tubing long enough to stretch to the nearest utility sink (or out a window). I have one attached to a PVC "U" that allows it to hang on the side of a tank and remove 9-10" of water from the tank. Takes less than 10 mins for my 6' 180g. I refill with a garden hose (with a similar PVC "U" to hang it on my tank)...

Matt