• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Female Amphilophus Lyonsi

rich_one

Members
Back on the market. She is just not bonding back with the male, and he is being a total *** to her for it. She actually still looks good, all things considered. Tail for is torn and she is a little stressed for obvious reasons, but she eats like a pig as much as the rest, and shows nice color when the male is not harrassing her... which is not very often. The pair came from Ira, and I'd like her to have a chance at happiness as opposed to eventual death. She is about 5" to 6".

My preference is to trade her for another CA cichlid, that might can get along and/or hold its own in my 125 with my female festae, oscar, male lyonsi and vontehillo. Everyone is doing well, as aside from the lyonsi issues with each other, I seem to have struck a nice balance of everyone getting along. Hoping to keep it that way, but willing to take a chance for the right fish. PM me and make me an offer, if you have a CA cichlid you might be looking to move. It will need to be in the 5" to 6" range at the minimum. I have been looking at a midas with the orange marking lately... might consider one of those, but am open-minded to all offers.

Keep in mind lyonsi are an endangered species... one of the reasons I don't want this girl to get killed over time.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
TTT.

Will trade for bocourti or vieja species as well. At the moment, I do plan on being at Tony's, barring any setbacks. I am VERY reluctant to put her on craigslist, so hopefully someone here or on MFK is interested. I do not want her going to some guy with a 29 gallon tank and 6 oscars and 2 JDs trying to add an "exotic" cichlid! LOL...

It kills me to split them up, but I just think its going to be best for her long term survival.

-Rich

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Daily bump. Will be putting up very bad pics tonight. Just warning you up front. Talking to one member now, but listening to offers.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Pics were too awful to even think about putting up here (ask DQ! LOL...). I'm just bad at taking pics period, multiplied by 10 when its a cell phone pic.

Anyway... daily bump. Willing to trade for a fish other than what is listed... those were just examples. Also posting on Craigslist today.

-Rich