• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Favorite SA/CA Cichlid

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I think a big male festae and a couple smaller cichlids or oddballs would be sweet! I used to have a setup really similar to that. Like rich said that some festaes are brutal and some are not pushy at all. Bichirs would do fine, just make sure you have a tight top. My mom has picked up my old bichirs a few times when they jump out of the tank while Im at school and I've found them on the floor every now an then.

zenins

Members
I like groups of geophagus for the lower regions of the aquarium, and Severums and Festivums for the upper regions.
Must have sand for the geophagus.
Like most South Americans, these species are usually way less aggressive that most Central Americans ;)
Avoid the Red Hump Geophagus, they can be really annoying to other fish ...

Geophagus:
Geophagus%20abalios%20Kolumbien.jpg

45483d1390270957-help-setting-up-stocking-tropical-7x2x2-geophagus_surinamensis_2-jpg

Lots of Severums types here:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=271881

My avatar is a Gold Severum ;)

Festivum:
festivum.jpg

AquaStudent

Members
aqua y have 2 blue acaras if you want one of those been bothering my uaru's.

Thank you. I need to get a tank first :) I'll probably take a trip down for the June meeting. I'll be teaching labs then but that's Monday mornings and Wednesdays. I'd need to head back Sunday anyway.

@Zenins - Those are some great looking fish! Location within the tank is a very important thing to consider. Good call!

ccp2007

Members
This is derailing my own thread a bit but...
I'd like to have one centerpiece fish (like the Festa) and a group of a few other smaller guys. It's probably going to be tricky to balance tankmates.
[/QUOTE]

Here's my favorite fish and my personal show stopping Festae ;)

Meet Lucy, my stunner!
uploadfromtaptalk1401160698433.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401160727396.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401160627921.jpg

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

uploadfromtaptalk1401160627921.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401160698433.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401160727396.jpg

ccp2007

Members
That's awesome! How is he temperment wise?

She's pretty fierce. She's by herself though. She gets pretty upset when she's hungry and likes to peck the glass to tell me about it lol

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

Nandopsis Beani. Evil, mean, & nasty. Rare. Plus, the honeycomb pattern & a green color :FIREdevil:

Parachromis Motageunse (RT). Just as evil if not more so than the N. Beani...& I have a pair!!

Parachromis Managuensis. Males in particular get some outstanding color...a true "show fish".