• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Extra guppies

mchambers

Former CCA member
Out of sheer stupidity, I've ended up with way too many guppies, and some females that appear to be quite pregnant. (Yes, I know they are Just Add Water fish; I've got the males and females in separate tanks, but let one or two males get in with the females for a few days, so my daughter could have a few more, and now I've got a Malthusian crisis.)

Does anybody want free guppies? (No questions asked of CCA members as to their intended use.) If not, any suggestions what I should do with the extras? I suppose I could give them away on Craigslist, but that might be a hassle, plus I worry that they'd get placed in uncycled tanks and die a slow painful death.

I live in DC, just south of Silver Spring and just north of Walter Reed.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Guppies

Forgot to mention that I can't make the meeting, so you'd have to pick them up or wait until March.

toddnbecka

Members
Check with Rachel (msjinkzd) for a few Akysis catfish. They're wee buggers that look similar to Asian bumblebee cats but max out around 2". Big enough to eat guppy fry, but not adults IME.