• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Egg fungus

Becca

Members
Does anyone have tips on preventing this? I just had a nice big batch of cory eggs fungus overnight, after 2 days looking good. Needless to say, I'm bummed.

I think I remember using methelyne blue (sp) for it back at the hatchery, but I'm also wary of using chemicals in my tanks because most of them are supposed to be avoided by women who are nursing.

What are some tips? I know high flow helps, and I tend to put airstones near batches of eggs to create excess water movement, but is there something else I can do?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Any of the above, and Indian almond leaves. High flow also helps.

Having said, I've had a big problem with egg fungus in the last year or so. Haven't really found a solution.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Any of the above, and Indian almond leaves. High flow also helps.

Having said, I've had a big problem with egg fungus in the last year or so. Haven't really found a solution.

I've heard of other sources for tannins and lowering ph. High flow wrks really well (eggs should sway but not be jumping around that damages them and can creat breeding ground for bacteria and fungus if they break etc..)bc it doesn't allow much to attach to the eggs most fry will be safe when they can swim or move to get away. 3x water changes with hydrogen peroxide added until they are in the wiggler stage. Seperate the ones with "fungus" sometimes the developing fry have their tails poking out looking like the start of fungus. (you prob already knew that)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Both are great product but said to not to be health or can cause cancer according to California research....it says it on the bottle. I think the issue is using alternate methods due to having a child.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Peroxide, MB or acriflavine. I leave it in tank until they go wiggler then remove by allowing my system to refill the tank.

You sure the eggs were fertile? I think I still have a vested interest lol

Jmty

Members
i put my cories eggs in a tumbler air flow prevent fungus or a container with the air stone.works for me.and feed the sponge dirt will grow fast and fat.