• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Eagles Are Still There...

...up at the Conowingo Dam area of the Susquehanna.

Took a drive up there today, just to see if they were still hanging out. Well, they were. In fact, since the leaves are off the trees, you can see them perching on branches above the parking lot pretty close. I took a few snapshots of the birds in the trees, but nothing that was very interesting.

The wind was blowing pretty good, and the gates were open allowing a lot of high and fast water running through the dam. I missed most of the oppurtunities because I was too busy chatting with people asking what I was doing...or I was sitting in my van to warm up when the eagles decided to show off. So, I don't have any very good photos to share. But, they are there if anyone wants to take a crake at 'em. At least I have eagle shots on New Years Day '08 in my files.

1dEagle010108.jpg

1cEagle010108.jpg

1bEagle010108.jpg

1aEagle010108.jpg

DeeCee

Members
Nice shots, Bobby! Thanks for sharing them!

Looks like it was a pretty cold windy day for watching eagles, but one heck of a day for fishing!

DC

E

eb462

hello, i'm a new member and i'd like to introduce myself my log in name is eb462. i just joined and i noticed that we are neighbors i to live in the parkville area. would you know where i can get some new cichlids from. i currently have 2 tanks full of haps. as well as asst. peacock? by the way very nice pictures!!!!!

hello, i'm a new member and i'd like to introduce myself my log in name is eb462. i just joined and i noticed that we are neighbors i to live in the parkville area. would you know where i can get some new cichlids from. i currently have 2 tanks full of haps. as well as asst. peacock? by the way very nice pictures!!!!![/b]

Welcome to the CCA.

Post what you are looking for in the Traders area. I'm sure you'll get many replies.

What's your real name neighbor?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hello Eb462
Hope you can make it to a meeting soon and will join the club since you are local.
Introduce your self in the introduction section when you get a chance.

DeeCee

Members
Hiya Eb! Welcome to CCA! Yes, please post in the Introduction section if you can, and tell us more about yourself & all!

DC

Back to the topic...Eagles.

This time of year, although you have to bundle up with warm clothing, the best thing is that there aren't any leaves on the trees. So when the eagles fly into the trees behind you, normally a perching photo-op is available. While I didn't get any that were real close on the last trip, but this give's you an idea on how the birds are only tree top level away from you.

1eEagle010108.jpg

1fEagle010108.jpg

This is an example as they fly right in on you to get to the trees.
1gEagle010108.jpg

Literally, straight above your head.
1iEagle010108.jpg

Damn power lines.
1hEagle010108.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Power lines. lol
Yeah they are probably everywhere.
Hmm. I might take a ride up that way today.

The irony is that dam, being a hydro electric facility, is what attracts the eagles to the area to feed on the crippled fish running through the turbines. However, from what I am told by the regulars up there, the power lines have crippled the eagles. Normally happens as they fight with osprey and other eagles. They sometimes clip their wings on the wires.

Pat, if I lived as close as you do to the dam, I'd be up there three or four days a week. :lol:

DeeCee

Members
I like the straight up one also! Dang, I'd ruin my neck again looking up like that though! :wacko:

DC

cyradis4

Members
Lol! Pics like that make me glad my new camera has a movable viewfinder, so I can take pics strait up without killing my neck!!!!

Amanda.