• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dues / Renewal

tash

Members
Wow, I apologize for missing the the fact that some folks don't have a checking account. Julie, your right. For those who don't already have a checking account, it would be much more equitable to go with PayPal if they already have it set up.

yeah. I do have a "checking" account, but I haven't ordered checks in many years. I don't have to. Everyone takes online payments now. But I do know people who don't have a checking account. I used to cash paychecks for a friend of mine because she didn't have a checking account. They needed an ID from her and she didn't have a drivers licence because of medical issues. Eventually she got her temps which come with a state id so then she got a checking account, still can't drive though.....

The hassle for me to get cash is that I have to go to the bank, park the car, get my toddler (and soon to be newborn) out of the car in whatever weather we have that day, walk to the ATM on the other side of the building, get the cash, then walk back and get all of us back in the car. yeah, my bank is stupid like that. But so far the customer service has been good and the location is nice too. :D But of course if I want to buy anything at the auction then I have to go get cash anyway. :)

I like Charlie's report. Raise dues to $21. $1 discount to pay by cash, check, or MO. :D

Cost wise the club would be getting an extra nine cents that way. So then the only problem is the extra paperwork for whoever is in charge of the clubs paypal account. But hopefully it would encourage people to pay.

I would definatly pay the $1 for the convience. The last two times I paid (the only two here) I paid by cash at the meeting. But that meant I had a delay of sevral weeks before being a member, and this year I was kinda afraid I wouldn't have the money by Jan, and might not be able to make Feb and/or March so then if I couldn't have paid in Jan would I still have counted as a member by the time I could pay in April? (hopefully I will make both feb and march but you never know at that point)

guarddog5

CCA Members
Pat - I'll be at the meeting this month and will pay my dues then. And hopefully I'll be able to order fish from Frybabies!

James

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I'll gladly add an extra dollar to my donation or I'll wait till the meeting when Mr. Konings is gonna be there and donate then. For me to get a baby sitter on saturday for 3 kids (wife works sat & sun), then drive 4 hrs roundtrip :eek:... lets just say I won't be able to make many meetings, not by choice but by circumstance. I guess paying all my bills on the internet for a few years has spoiled me. :D

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
It's against the paypal user agreement to charge a fee to a customer for using paypal. A switch to paypal wouldn't affect me as it's no trouble for me to hit an ATM before the January meeting. They usually have twenty-dollar bills in there. :) I just mention it as an fyi. The loophole around it is to raise the membership fee to $21 and offer a discount for anyone paying by check or cash. I didn't write the contract, I just report it. :eek:
LOL! YEAH IM WONDERING WHY ITS SO HARD TO JUST DRIVE UP TO A ATM GET CASH GO TO THE MEETING AND PAY. :eek: IT NOT LIKE YOU ARE GETTING A PASSPORT AND DRIVING TO IOWA FOR PETES SAKE. YOUR DRIVING TO A MEETING. IF YOUR LIKE ME AND YOU HAVE KIDS ...PREPLAN. GET A BABYSITTER SET UP WAY IN ADVANCE OR BRING W/ YOU. I THINK I SAW A FAMILY PLAN FOR 30.00. BEATS A VIDEO GAME ANY DAY AND THE COST OF A BABY SITTER :p

mscichlid

Founder
Personally I like the convienence of Paypal. It make paying for items and things so much easier. Besides with that button I might be tempted to donate a little extra, or pay my dues for 5 years, etc.

kbeaudean

Members
Thank you for the last couple of replys. I work for a bank and was thinking the same thing about driving up to an ATM! I have to agree, Pat and the rest of the board members have enough on there plates! Plan ahead!!

tash

Members
I can not drive up to the ATM. Then I would be driving on the sidewalk. yeah. stupid bank. but I like them otherwise. and walking at all right now is difficult at best, but that should be fixed by the march meeting ;)

as for a sitter I am lucky when my husband is home and can watch our daughter. When he is not home I do bring her but then I try to be late so she doesn't disrupt the presentation with "HI FISHY! HI FISHY! HI FISHY!" which is as annoying as it is cute. I don't have anyone else to watch her if my husband is gone. The newborn will have to come with me but shouldn't be a problem for a while :D

animicrazy

Members
Gee, I really did not mean to start WWIII; thought "shrub" jr would do that - might have actually.

Today I actually had to mail a payment. I was appalled that the recipient did not have any other modern method. Cost me $1.62 for the money order and stamped envelope plus 45 minutes to get to the post office - not a good deal.

Raise dues by five dollars a category and let people pay however - pay pal being an option.

Just the ravings of a madman.

P.S. Yes, I realize now, too late, that I could have mailed dues at the same time - will pay at the Feb. meeting.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, guys most of the people on here have renewed.

I am sending out some post card reminders to those that have not.

I will also change status on here after the March meeting for those that have yet to renew.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Possibly you mean membership card. The only name tag we have are the ones we write our names on.

Yes, I hope to get a chance this weekend to make some more of them. Depends on time.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
No, Anybody can be on the forum unless they have been banned.

The Capital Cichlid Association, Inc. is a local tropical fish club that happens to have a forum also. The club members have access to other areas. "members only" section. They also have some other bennys. You can tell the club members because the names appear in green or red. If they choose not to renew then you will see they are back in blue like everyone else. The access to the club members section will be turned off.
But they will still have access to the forum. I can only think of one person that has ever been banned from the forum and the club.

So that was the long answer. :)

Short answer. No you don't have to pay to be on the forum.

Sonny Disposition

So officers' names are in red, and members' in green?

No, Anybody can be on the forum unless they have been banned.

The Capital Cichlid Association, Inc. is a local tropical fish club that happens to have a forum also. The club members have access to other areas. "members only" section. They also have some other bennys. You can tell the club members because the names appear in green or red. If they choose not to renew then you will see they are back in blue like everyone else. The access to the club members section will be turned off.
But they will still have access to the forum. I can only think of one person that has ever been banned from the forum and the club.

So that was the long answer. :)

Short answer. No you don't have to pay to be on the forum.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Officers, Moderators, and Admin are red
I think.
Now I have to look. lol
I think thats the way I set it up.
CCA members green.