• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dry Goods Sale

JLW

CCA Members
Hello all --

This is a final list of everything I have available to get rid of. If it has the words "DIBS" after it, it means that someone has already requested it and I am holding it. If you think that's you, contact me to make sure. If I am holding something for you, and you don't contact me, I'll assume you're not interested in it. So no whining. :)

Otherwise, everything is first come, first serve. Do not contact me to ask me to hold anything. I've had a few people ask me to hold something and then not show up. I am not doing this to make money, just to simplify life, and people not showing up when they're supposed to, wasting my time, etc., is not simplifying. Also, please do not complain that something was sold to someone else before you got here: first come, first serve.

I will be "open" on Saturday, from 12-4 and Sunday 12-4. Those are the only hours.

I have:

54-Gallon Stainless Steel Corner Aquarium (Quarter Round), with an installed overflow. Tank, Stand, Cabinet, Cap, glass canopy, gravel, plumbing (might want to replace some bulkheads), etc. Everything but the wet/dry. $200

Tunze Calcium Reactor -- new in box, I don't know anything about it. $50

Supreme Mag 9.5 $50

4x10Gs -- some with tops $10 each

30" Light Oak AGA Stand (fits a 20long) $30

Pre-drilled 2.5G killifish breeding system, with bulkheads, fill valves, etc. Total of 7 2.5's -- $60

Older 55-G, light oak, THICK glass. $40

Custom made, darker wood stand and cap for a 55-G (NOTE: The stand is in my storage unit in Rockville. If you want this, we'll have to get it, so please contact me ahead of time and we can work out a time. I don't have pics, but if you want to come look at the canopy, it'll give you an idea of the cabinet). $80

Metal rack system from Home Depot, snaps apart. 48x24x36(?). I replaced two boards with melanine. It pops together and has 3 shelves, top, bottom, and a middle one. Top and bottom have to be at the top and bottom, but the other one is adjustable anywhere. (SUNDAY only). $60 (Retails new without the melanine for $90)

48" T5 Fixture from Coralife. Holds one bulb (included but old), normal output. $20 (DIBS)

36" ditto. $20 (DIBS)

Box of assorted small stuff, including corner filters, sponge filters, air pumps, timers, gang valve, a wave maker,etc. Make me an offer when you're here.

Lots of Java Moss, some snippets of other plants here or there -- mostly cabomba and anacharis at this point, but its tank grown and will look nice for you. (Guaranteed free duckweed with each plant!) Free, but please don't come just for plants. :p

Starter cultures of Vinegar Eels and White/Grindal Worms (Mix) -- Bring something to put them in, $1 for a small bit.

Yes, I also do still have the chinchillas. PM me if you're interested. . . . .

Anything left over will be brought to the April PVAS auction. Unless I go crazy and use it all again. Short trip. I know.

PM me if you are coming. PM, do not leave a message here. PM, I won't see messages here. Send me a PM.
If I don't respond with my address and cell number, I didn't see your PM, and send another one. :)

I am in Takoma Park, off of the University Boulevard exit (near Flower Avenue, if you want to be specific).

FAQ:

Q. Can you please hold this item for me, I'll get it at some vague point in the future.
A. No.

Q. I replied to your message, and never heard back from you. Is it because you don't like me?
A. No, its because you replied on the forum and didn't send a PM. Also, I don't like you.

Q. Do you still have the <Insert Random Item Not Mentioned Above Here>
A. No.

Q, What's your favourite type of cake?
A. German Black Forest.

Q. I have things to do, can I please come later on Saturday?
A. No.

Q. What if I bring pizza?
A. That depends on the type of pizza, and the time.

Q. What if I bring alcohol?
A. Again, that depends on the type of alcohol and the time.

Q. What's a good time for alcohol?
A. Any time is a good time for alcohol.

Q. What if I bring dancing girls?
A. Pizza, alcohol, and dancing girls? You're my new best friend.

Hawkman2000

Members
Please post when the pizza, alcohol and dancing girls will be arriving and I am sure I will be able to find something to buy.

BTW - the DITTO on the 36" light means it is single T5-NO bulb?

I apologize the current state in which I am present, resulting in what is most likely an unnecessary question. For I have partaken in the consumption of copious amounts of pizza and alcohol, no dancing girls (unfortunately). Only way of getting threw these political debates. Of course, in some perverted sense, they could be considered dancing girls. Extremely unattractive ones though.

Would the fact that I typed more about issues unrelated to the sale make my posting be considered a hijacking of this thread? If so, I apologize.

minifoot77

Members
i can't pm from my phone but are the 36 and 48 inch lights on hold for me?

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org