• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Divers ...

longstocking

Members
When this club was smaller I knew who was a scuba diver and who wants to be one...

I'm just curious if any of the newer members are divers....

Diving is one of my other passions in life. I haven't been able to go diving in almost a year due to my neck and I'm dying to go blow bubbles soon!

If so, where have you been diving and where do you want to dive in the future?

I'll start :)

Places I've dove :

Catalina Island
Grand bahama's
Bimini
St. Lucia
PA
MD
Outer Banks
NC - Wreck diving... the best!

I got to snorkle on the Coral Sea and the Great barrier Reef, Heron Island... and a few other places around that area..

One place I would love to go diving...

Papa New Guinea

So, who are the divers in the club?

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I went spear fishing in Norfork Lake (Arkansas), it was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately for me I found out that because of bad sinuses I can't clear the pressure :( I got to 12 feet and it felt like I hit a wall, I thought my ears were going to explode. It took about 20 minutes for me to get to 25 feet. I got to see a huge school of crappie, bass and perch hanging out around a sunken tree top which was awesome. I ended up shooting a 5lb flathead catfish that was hiding under the trunk of the tree, it looked like a small whale because everything under water looks much bigger. Coming to the surface 'bout killed me. There's no way I could certify so that was the extent of my diving. I was seriously heart broke. I already had a shopping list of all the gear I was going to buy and had plans to take the next certification class... damned sinuses :(

bertolli

Members
I've been diving in southern Italy a few times, I got my junior license when I was 12 which is long expired but I definitely plan to dive again when I get the chance.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I was certified in college - my roomate was an instructor - but haven't kept it up.

I learned in the cold dark reservoirs of upstate new York but dove in Greece and Florida. I still snorkel - favorite have been Hawaii and Uruguay :)

probably not likely to get much diving / snorkeling with the new twins though

longstocking

Members
Matt if you ever have a free day and want to dive for free on the weekends.... just shoot me a pm. If you are ok with diving in very low viz. Even if you don't have all your gear.... the group we dive with has most things you would need. In the summer the water isually very warm here.... and you don't even need a wetsuit -- just something to protect you from jellys .... heck the captain wears jeans lol

That goes for anyone in the club actually :) We go diving down in southern Maryland for the state of MD and VA... under water archeology.

jrpatter

Members
I never actually got certified, but I have been diving on wrecks off the coast of NC, Hiwaii (big Island), Florida, Grande Caymen, Bahamas, Mexico, and Jamica. I know I need to get certified I can just never seem to find the time.

John

Spine

Members
I'm certified but just haven't had the time to go lately. Papa New Guinea is my dream dive also:wub::wub:
All of my diving has been in the Atlantic ocean so far,mostly Florida keys and Trinadad&Tabago

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Always something I wanted to do. I stayed in a house in Outbanks that had amap on the wall of all the known ship wrecks in the area and was amazed and hooked on the idea ever since.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
The Bay Island of Honduras Isla de La Bahia Guanaja. It was an island paradise and a perfect location for my first dive. It was also one of Jacques-Yves Cousteau's favorite places to dive too.

iamzrad

Members
I've never dived, but I have snorkeled at one of many dive sites/wrecks at Lyford Cay in the Bahamas. A couple were with Stuart Cove's and a couple I don't remember with who.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'm not certed but have always wanted to. I couldn't bring myself to take the 8AM class during college to get the cert. One of these days I hope to. I snorkeled in Belize and Costa Rica which were awesome. Belize is home to the 2nd largest coral reef in the world and we saw some really neat sharks, rays and dolphins. With as much neat stuff as I saw near the surface, I'm sure there was even cooler stuff further down.

longstocking

Members
Sounds like fun - can I rent some gear?

Matt

You can rent gear... or see what the captain has for extras. IMH ( the organization we dive for ) has a lot of extra equipment. For instance.. tanks you wouldn't need.

You would probably need boots, mask, gloves....

Past that, he would probably hook you up with most of it.

Like I said... FREE diving. Buy the captain a couple beers or bring a bottle of Myers dark rum and he will love you forever :lol:

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
How 'bout I just bring the rum and me and him hang out and drink while y'all get wet? That would be enough fun for me:lol:.

George