• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Discus acting funny! Help

Jigg's

Members
Hello my discus this morning all of the sudden started to act funny swimming close to the bottom with its head pointing to the rocks with its tail fin going back and forth to the left and right? There was 3 big discus but lately the bigger one had been picking on the other one and the smaller one I think is a female? But I separated the one that wad getting picked on.and ever since I did that, which was last night. And ever since this morning she has been wiggling all weird? Any body kno what this is? Is she maybe b
ott to spawn with the bigger discus?or could this be a sick ness of some sort. She is or it is wiggling like her tail fin up slanted sometimes slanted at the glass backwards not with heer belly facing the glass though? Any one please

F8LBITE

Members
Sounds like the female is dancing to attract a male. A sure way to tell if they're sick is not eating, clamped fins or color darkening. Look at discus videos on YouTube that talk about spawning or displaying and see if that's the behavior you are seeing in your tank. Good luck.