• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DEER HUNTING SEASON IS HERE AGAIN

Peacockbass

Hello just wondering if i had any fellow deer hunters here. This is my favorite time of year. I look foward to getting out and in that tree stand all year long. I have been out 2 times so far and saw a nice 8 point but could not get a shot. Cant wait for my day off to go at it again. Here are some pics from last season.

deer1.jpg

deer4.jpg

deer2.jpg

deer3.jpg

deer5.jpg

Leffler817

CCA Members
Nice. I haven't gone bow hunting yet but I'll have to start now that I'm living here and it seem there are more places to bow hunt than shotgun or rifle. I can't wait to get out into the woods.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Nice buck!!! I used to be a diehard deer hunter but haven't gotten out much the last couple yrs. When I took up turkey hunting several yrs ago I started losing interest in deer hunting, I used to love sitting in a tree enjoying the woods, now all I want to do is look for turkey sign when I'm in the woods. Good luck this year and be careful ;)

minifoot77

Members
nice buck brian :) i haven't hunted in maryland but i was always in the woods when i lived in cali i love my 7mm mag :)

cmcpart0422

Members
Last year I only took a doe because all the bucks were tiny and not worth shooting yet. Its cool though I got my venison for the year. This year Im ready to take a big buck.

Last year was my first time turkey hunting and it was really cool and different. All I can say is that they are really smart birds and are super fun to hunt.

Its not much but here are some pics of last years doe.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/cmcpart0422/deerdown.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/cmcpart0422/deerontruck.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/cmcpart0422/shothole.jpg

Peacockbass

Nice. I haven't gone bow hunting yet but I'll have to start now that I'm living here and it seem there are more places to bow hunt than shotgun or rifle. I can't wait to get out into the woods.

Yeah there are lots of great places to bow hunt. Prettyboy and liberty reservoirs. and the last few years they have opened up loch raven reservoir. I think i only went in the woods one time at loch raven with out seeing some deer. Bow hunting is 90 percent of what i do. There is nothing like getting a animal that close with out them knowing you are there.

maddog10

Members
I love hunting season!!

Apple tree in my backyard.
deer.jpg

deer-14.jpg

Biggest 6-point I had ever seen.
ND2008-1.jpg

Biggest deer for me....so far.
rifle.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
So what does an Asian Redneck look like?

Yeah Mike, that 6-point is some sort of mutant, giant deer. Yikes!

Went last year out to my buddy's in-law's house in Hampshire County, WV. Got a 30/30 Marlin. Weighs nothing and kicks like a mule.

Sat for two days, saw only does the size of German shepherds... didn't take a single shot.

Jealous of my huntin' 'stache, aren't ya? ;)

232323232%7Ffp63387%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C69%3A8%3B59348nu0mrj

Luckily, my buddy's father in-law is a resident land owner who is allowed to take more than he'll eat. Took home most of this 8-pointer that he got at dawn on opening day.

232323232%7Ffp63263%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C69%3A%3B393348nu0mrj

Behold my awesome hairnet and KichenAid grinder!!!! :cool:

232323232%7Ffp63273%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C69%3A%3B392348nu0mrj

fischfan13

Banned
Something tells me that a picture of Tony in a hairnet just might be making its rounds over the next year.

Thanks Tony.:D

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Something tells me that a picture of Tony in a hairnet just might be making its rounds over the next year.

Thanks Tony.:D

I have a couple of better ones, but they feature me wielding a large knife and much deer carnage. Probably not so appropriate for the general population. A little too... Dexter.

kaj41354

Members
I have you all beat

This was a doe right here in York County on August 20 (car was 10 days old and had 800 miles on it)

attachment.php

Then on Saturday 9/26, another doe in Far Hills NJ (2194 miles on the car)

attachment.php

Maybe if I mounted a rifle on the hood - I could get something worthwhile

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Last edited:

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Dang Kurt, that's some bad luck right there!!! I've only hit one deer and hopefully I'll never hit another, definitely no fun.

minifoot77

Members
thats crazy kurt and tony i think mountain dew just came out my nose.... and i've never hit a deer i didn't intend to :) californis law says if you hit it no matter what season it is you can take it home i just don't think they intended me to be 8-12 feet off the road :)

maddog10

Members
All my big deer are from North Dakota. I have seen some really nice whitetails and muleys in Northern Alberta, Canada while moose and bear hunting.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I knew a guy who smacked a deer dead on while riding a motorcycle. He was going fast. The deer wasn't. The deer was dead. He wasn't. He told me he may have wished he was but he doesn't remember much about it. He never rode one again, motorcycle that is. I don't know if he ever rode a deer again.

George

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I would like to learn to deer hunt. I doubt I would be able to go out with anyone this year. My M4 isn't legal for hunting in Maryland. Maybe next year when I can afford a shotgun.