• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DAN GILBERT

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
THIS IS ONE OWNER WHO SHOWED HIS TRUE TASTELESS COLORS. IN A AGE WHEN MOST PLAYER GO FOR BIG MONEY LEBRON INSTEAD DIDNT LEAVE FOR MONEY BUT RATHER A SHOT AT A NBA CHAMPIONSHIP AND A LEAGACY IN NBA HISTORY AND LORE. FOR THIS DAN "CRYBABY" GILBERT SENT OUT A PUBLIC LETTER TRASHING LEBRON. NOW LETS LOOK BACK A MOMENT.....ITS THE OFF SEASON AND WHAT HAVE YOU HEARD THE CAVS SIGN..PICK UP..OR TRADE FOR? NOBODY! IN 7 YEARS THE BEST YOU CAN PUT ON THE FLOOR WITH HIM IS MO WILLIAMS AND DELONTE WEST. NOT THE BEST SWINGMEN IN MY OPINION ESPECIALLY IF WEST IS DUNKING YA MOMS. I SWEAR THAT PLAYED A STRONG KEY ROLE BEHIND THAT WANTING A CHAMPIONSHIP. LASTLY, LEBRON HAS BEEN TO 2 FINALS WITH THE CAVS AND LOST THEM BOTH. WHY BE LIKE JORDAN AND GET PHYSICALLY BEATEN UP BEFORE YOUR CHANCE COMES LIKE DETROIT DID TO HIM. LISTEN FOLKS THE FINALS ARE NOT PROMISED BUT EARNED....THE CAVS DONT HAVE A SURROUNDING CAST TO TAKE THAT FINAL STEP.(KINDA REMINDS ME OF THE WIZARDS WITH NO REAL 3,4,5 POSITION TO LAST IN THE PLAYOFFS). THIS IS A BUSINESS AND IN THIS BUSINESS YOU LOOK FOR 1 A CHAMPIONSHIP AND 2 GETTING PAID. I SEE LEBRON MAKING A DECISION THAT MET BOTH HIS NEEDS OF WINNING AND MONEY WISE. HE CHOSE TO BE ON A TEAM THAT HAD A BETTER CHANCE OF SUCCESS THEN THE CAVS ....PLAIN AND SIMPLE. IT ISNT ABOUT MONEY .......JUST PURELY WINNING. I SAT MY SONS DOWN BECAUSE I WANTED THEM NOT ONLY TO WITNESS A PIECE OF HISTORY BUT I WANTED THEM TO SEE HOW NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU AND DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN A BIGGER PAYCHECK IN THE END. LEBRON DOESNT OWE THE CAVS OR THE COMMUNITY A THING. HE BROUGHT THEM MILLIONS, HE SOLD OUT THE ARENA NIGHT AFTER NIGHT AND SCORED 46 PTS IN 75+GMS. 2MVPS, 2 NBA FINALS APPERANCES. IF ANYTHING THEY OWE LEBRON A BIG THANK YOU. DAN GILBERT NEEDS TO APOLOGIZE FOR SOUNDING LIKE A 12 YR OLD WHO JUST LOST HIS PSP TO HIS KID BROTHER. :D

I agree with you DQ...LeBron was more than loyal to the Cavs organization and for the owner to trash and bash him because he didn't stay seems pretty low...yes it's definitely a business and Lebron decided to take his business to the Miami Heat...I'm happy for Lebron for making a decision, after all he was a free agent who chose what was the best scenerio in winning multiple championships. In the end he is the one who has to live with his decision and his decision wasn't about the millions that he left on the table. Great example of making a sacrifice in hopes of accomplishing the bigger goal.

Gerard

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I don't really follow basketball and did not hear/read the comments made by Gilbert. I agree that Lebron does not owe the team or community anything in terms of money. There is however, a little bit of mutual respect and courtesy that is owed from Lebron to the team as well as from the coach to Lebron. When a city comes to love and value you and sticks by you for so many years, I believe a "Thank you for your support and memories" is more than owed.
I am not in any way defending the actions of Gilbert. More than likely he spoke out of anger, which is never a good idea when a microphone is around. That being said, Lebron could have called Gilbert earlier in the day and told him thanks for everything, but he was going to go with another team.
I guess Lebron and Gilbert both have a lot to learn about being respectful and decent.

fischfan13

Banned
Label me..."There's always one in the bunch".

I was sickened by the entire process. The owners pumped up this guy as some type of deity. Sorry guys, but not only is Lebron James not the best basketball player of the past 10, 20 or 30 years, he is not even the best right now.
Having an absolutely ridiculous show on ESPN was just the sticky icing on a stale cake. Sorry Q, I usually agree with you on non-fish issues, but to call this "history" is a mock on history. I would have respected James if he stayed in the City in which he grew up close by and with the franchise that he was helping to make a perennial contender. I would have respected him even if he went to Chicago. I would have respected him if he went to the Knicks or Nets, as he would have been in the absolute limelight playing in The City. But to Miami? So he went there because Bosh and Wade are there. IMO James is not going to write much of his own history. Did Kobe Bryant leave to play with other stars?

Oh yeah, BTW, the best pitcher in the American League was traded today and there was no circus involved.

Cartel

Members
A. He should have stayed home that city needs him heck needs anyone... He had the money got close to sealing the deal. Should have stuck it out like plenty other players do.

B. He should have gone to chi town. He would have made a good fit with Rose and Boozer. Who can miami afford now? Unless players take huge cuts like Bosh did just to play with Lebron all they can afford are minimum salary players but maybe trading beasly helps with that. Hope he like sharing the spotlight with wade playing the same position....

C. Seems like it was all suppose to work this way they went 1,4, and 5 in the draft that year and all became free agents the same year. Kinda funny how things work aye? Plus he was already good friends with them.

D. I hate when ANYONE get too much hype like this I don't care who. This whole process was ridiculous not history.

E. Last note L.A. > All

Just my 2 pennies.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Label me..."There's always one in the bunch".

I was sickened by the entire process. The owners pumped up this guy as some type of deity. Sorry guys, but not only is Lebron James not the best basketball player of the past 10, 20 or 30 years, he is not even the best right now.
Having an absolutely ridiculous show on ESPN was just the sticky icing on a stale cake. Sorry Q, I usually agree with you on non-fish issues, but to call this "history" is a mock on history. I would have respected James if he stayed in the City in which he grew up close by and with the franchise that he was helping to make a perennial contender. I would have respected him even if he went to Chicago. I would have respected him if he went to the Knicks or Nets, as he would have been in the absolute limelight playing in The City. But to Miami? So he went there because Bosh and Wade are there. IMO James is not going to write much of his own history. Did Kobe Bryant leave to play with other stars?

Oh yeah, BTW, the best pitcher in the American League was traded today and there was no circus involved.

SO WE CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE. I JUST THINK YOUR MISSING THE POINT ON HISTORY AND LOYALTY. YOU SEE IN PRO SPORTS THEY DON'T CONSULT YOU BEFORE THEY TRADE YOU. MOST PLAYERS WILL GO AFTER THE MONEY HE DIDN'T. HE WENT WITH A VIABLE FIT FOR HIM. NOT US THE PUBLIC ..NOT THE MEDIA..BUT FOR HIM AND HIS NEW TEAMMATES. YOU SEE AS A PLAYER HE HAS GOALS HE WANTS TO ACHIEVE BEFORE THAT CAREER IS GONE. IF YOU REMEMBER BACK TO WHEN HE INKED THE DEAL WITH THE CAVS HE ALSO TALKED WITH WADE ABOUT BEING A FREE AGENT AT THE SAME TIME..THEY WERE DEF THINKING ABOUT THIS LONGER THEN MOST THINK. THE OLYMPICS MADE IT IT A TEST DRIVE. NOW AS FOR LOYALTY TO CLEV. HE DID SAY THANKS TO THE FANS AND COMMUNITY. WHAT DOES HE NEED TO APOLOGIZE FOR? HE GETS THE SAME GOD LIKE TREATMENT THE MANNINGS GET IN FOOTBALL HE JUST DIDN'T GET HIS DADDY TO PULL STRINGS AND PICK HIS TEAM....HE PICKED HIS OWN. YEAH I WENT THERE LOL. HE PLAYED HIS FULL CONTRACT AND DIDN'T CRY ABOUT MONEY OR ANY OF THAT. YET WHEN HE DOES WHAT MOST SAY THEY WANT TO SEE. WHICH IS A PLAYER TO PLAY FOR THE GAME AND NOT THE MONEY HE IS MADE OUT A VILLAIN. IF CLEV WANTED HIM SO BAD WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE WITHIN THE FRANCHISE TELL HIM D.WEST WAS DOING HIS MOM BEFORE THE FINALS? ITS REPORTED EVERYONE KNEW. WOULD YOU STAY IN THAT ENVIORNMENT? AGAIN HE CHOSE MIAMI CUZ IT FIT FOR HIM PROBABLY WANTING A NEW SLATE. WHAT BETTER THEN 82 DEGREE TRADWEWINDS IN DEC LOL. I DO THINK HE COULD HAVE LET CLEV KNOW SOONER BUT THEN I GO BACK TO HOW THEY TADE YOU AND YOU FIND OUT WHILE ON A BEACH IN ARUBA. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. ITS FUNNY HOW THE OWNERS LOVE TO WEILD THE POWER BUT ITS A DIFFERENT STORY WHEN A PLAYER GETS THAT SAME POWER. THE DIFFERENCE THOUGH IT WAS DONE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME AND TO WIN A COVETED NBA TITLE. MAYBE GILBERT AND CLEV WILL RECOGNIZE WHAT THEY'VE LOST WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE ONE PLAYER SCORING 46 PTS A NIGHT. TO A PACKED ARENARENA. AS FOR KOBE ARE YOU KIDDING ...HE CAME TO A TEAM OF LEGENDS AND WON RINGS. WHEN THEY WERE LOSING HE ALMOST LEFT BUT STAYED DUE TO PROMISES OF REBUILDING AND MEGA MILLIONS. HE CRIED AND GRIPED REMEMBER SURE YOU DO YOU HAVE TO.

fischfan13

Banned
Q, I almost agreed with your entire response...until you mentioned Kobe. :lol:

Who has Kobe had around him the past few years?
Who are these legends during the last few titles?
Kobe has carried the Lakers since Shaq left...CARRIED.
If James wins a title with the Heat, with Bosh and Wade he will not have the status in the NBA that Kobe has.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I NEVER SAID LAST FEW TITLES I SAID WHEN KOBE CAME TO THE LAKERS HE WAS SET. THEN I SAID WHEN THEY LOST HE WHINED AND CRIED TRADE TILL THEY MADE PROMISES AND SHOWED HIM THE HUSH MONEY LOL. NO MORE MISQUOTES OR WE CLOWN YA NETS. HAHAHA. YES YOU CAN CLOWN THE WIZARDS CUZ THEY HAVEN'T BEEN A TEAM SINCE UNSELD WAS CENTER AND THEY WERE THE BULLETS.

fischfan13

Banned
No matter what was given to Kobe on the side he is still a one man team.

As for the Nets...LOL.
At least the Nets made the finals in the past 10 years.

Check out this site...
http://www.nbadraft.net/
They are already predicting the Nets getting the 1st pick next year.

When Wall did not go to the Nets I was crushed.
Wall is going to be special. On the other hand I think that Favors is a lock to be an All-Star one day.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
LEGENDS...FOX..ONEIL..ODOM..GEORGE..FISHER..BYNUM..BUTLER...ARTEST TO NAME A FEW. IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF LA GETTING THE RIGHT FIT.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT WALL DOES. I'M STILL NOT GONNA BE A WIZ FAN THO LOL. I AGREE ALL STAR FOR SURE WITH YA BOY. NOW LEMME GO PRICE LEBRON JERSEYS LOL.

fischfan13

Banned
LEGENDS...FOX..ONEIL..ODOM..GEORGE..FISHER..BYNUM..BUTLER...ARTEST TO NAME A FEW. IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF LA GETTING THE RIGHT FIT.

Q, I consider you a Legend over 7 of those guys.
Fox?
Are you kidding me?

Actually lets be honest, in the past 50 years the "legends" of this sport have been...
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Magic
Jordan

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
YEAH THOSE ARE OUR LEGENDS BUT THESE ARE THE KIDS OF TODAYS LEGENDS. ILL GIVE YOU MY AUTOGRAPH FOR 100 BUCKS LOL. I REMEMBER OUR LEGENDS PLAYED HURT AND FOR LESS MONEY TOO. SEE NOW WE SOUND LIKE PAT AND OUR PARENTS LMAOOOOOO.