• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Current USA Satellite LED on sale at Dr F&S

chriscoli

Administrator
There's been some occasional discussion about these fixtures un the club....I have one of the regular fixtures (not the "plus") spanning across several 15 gallon tanks and its doing ok...a little blue for my eyes, but still ok. I've heard better things about the Plus model, which is what I was planning on getting next. These do pretty well on shallow planted tanks....dunno how well on deeper tanks. BUT they are pretty reasonably priced for an LED fixture. Kens Fish has them at a consistently lower price in general, but I just noticed that Drs Foster and Smith has them in their summer sale right now for a little less than Kens.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+20024+26107&pcatid=26107&r=558+949

Owens

Members
I don't know much about those lights, but I really liked the marineland single brights that are about the same price

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
I have those too, but they don't have the right spectrum for a planted tank. They're fine if you just need to illuminate the tank.

londonloco

Members
I have two of the plus models on 20g longs. So far I love the fixtures. The plus models are dimmable, very kewl to play with. So far no algae blooms and the fixtures have been on my tanks for a month. Since they are dimmable, if I do get an algae bloom I can dial down the intensity. This is a great price for these fixtures....