• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Crusing the clearance section at Petco

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Anybody else cursing the clearance section at your local Petco? So far I have bought two Nutrafin Co2 systems for 8.88 a piece. 10 packs of API root Tabs for 2 bucks a pack. 12 to 14 30" T5Ho bulbs for 5 bucks a piece. I run a 10k/colormax combo or a 6,7K/colormax combo. A 24" T5 hood light for 3 bucks. it for reptiles but can easily be converted for fish. Four bags of Caribsea Floramax planted tank substrate for 5 bucks a bag. Still looking for more deals. Good luck on your hunt. I am heading to Prince Frederick today to look for some more stuff.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
No just getter rid of stuff for some reason. Think they are changing their product lines and getting rid of old stock.

emartin

Members
No just getter rid of stuff for some reason. Think they are changing their product lines and getting rid of old stock.
I've noticed Petco (at least the ones by me) is starting carry New Life Spectrum brand food (as well as Ocean Nutrition which I believe they started carrying 1 or 2 years ago).

I think they definitely are looking to get more newer stuff in because they are hurting in their fish department. The one by me, even though they are doing the $1/gal up to 55g deal, actually downsized their fish department over the past few months. It looks like they will get rid of their marine section altogether.

They (the store by me) did have a rough start anyway a few years back when their previous store exploded killing a lot of livestock and injuring a couple customers and employees... Took them two years to straighten everything out and re-open down the road.

At least PetCo doesn't try to sell overpriced diseased fish like the Petsmart by me is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKdkD9RzkaI&fmt=35

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Not going to get too much into it. But its hit or miss with the Aquatic departments. The PetSmart in Silver Spring is pretty good. Their is a young lady who works the aquatic section during the day that seems to know her stuff.

mscichlid

Founder
I usually just go to those stores to check out the adoptions or to buy dog food. Have to look closer at the fish section. Did you try to give that girl a CCA card?

mab

Members
Not going to get too much into it. But its hit or miss with the Aquatic departments. The PetSmart in Silver Spring is pretty good. Their is a young lady who works the aquatic section during the day that seems to know her stuff.

My son manages a Petco - he knows his stuff!!!