• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CPO mating! (Viewer discretion is advised)

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
In October I bought a pair of CPO's from Rachel and on January 4th I discovered that the female was carrying eggs. I now have a bunch of little baby crays scurrying around in a breeder net. They are so tiny and cute.

Today I was eating lunch at my desk where the CPO tank is located. I glanced at the tank and saw this...

CrayfishMating.jpg

Spine

Members
Lol, That reminds me of the first pair I ever had,they where doing the same thing.
Stupid me thinking that someone was getting killed I run and get a net, break things up and then separated them.

I saw a you tube video about a week later and had to laugh after learning that I shouldn't have bothered them. To make matters worse that female died about 3 days after I put her back in:mad: CPO's were hard to find back then so it was a while before I got my hands on some more.

mscichlid

Founder
Well...I still can't see what I think I'm supposed to be seeing. Where is he and where is she; position wise?

It might be that I don't know what a CPO is.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Pics of the berried female

I took these pictures of the berried female today. Enjoy!

IMG_7274a.jpg

Close-up of the eggs.
IMG_7298a.jpg