• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Couple pics of my unknown soldier

C Undu and fireline are the same fish I believe and unfortunaly there are so many different unreliable pics the only one I choose to trust is ad's and although its similar I seem to have exhausted my search in that direction with no luck. Copadichromis kawanga is a bit closer but again not much info out there on that fish.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Is there any green under the cheeks?
If so could be fluorescent
But undo looks close just missing a few details. "Mloto Undu" is blue, also known as ivory head It is characterized by an ivory white blaze starting from the upper lip to the tip of its dorsal fin. The dorsal fin has a white trim along its entire length.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited:
Yeah you can see it pretty good in the first pic. If you guys find the fish you think it is post a pic to compare to.

Show me a pic of the fish it is and you win. I honestly have considered every possibility and looked through numerous books amd thousands of pics. It matches the writen description but there are several differences.
Red anal fin
Size of white blaze
Shape
It has no spots only longer dashes
Slope of head.
Size alone, if this is a copadichromis species it should've stopped growing already.
The only way I can determine if someone is right is by comparing a picture. There are several threads in the archives where I said it was a mloto but I'm not convinced there's just to many discrepancies.

I already know what fish you want and its got your name on it already. Still not convinced what it is yet though the red anal and pectoral fins keep throwing me off.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Pictures! pictures! pictures! You did good
Lol hope you get a cool fish I've got too many on my hands at the moment Dan those guys i got were growing like weeds but seems like they have slowed. Gonna do more water changes and change food around to see if that helps.

Ps Dan sent you an email

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited:
What kind of fish is that? That looms pretty close I'm going to have to compare when I get home. Dont think mine has any white on the tail. I will post a better pic of mine to compare

uploadfromtaptalk1396187042825.jpg

The following is a list of the mloto that are classified "sp."
Mloto undu
Mloto midnight
Mloto likoma
Mloto liuli
Mloto goldcrest
Mloto reef
Mloto firecrest
Mloto flavimanus
Mloto lupingo
I'm sure this is an incomplete list and some of these may have changed since the printing of "malawi cichlids in their natural habitat" these two pictures are also by Konings and they are the only ones I really trust to compare too. The first is mloto undu, the second is firecrest mloto. The firecrest is close other than the orange dorsal and white tail fin tips. The undu isn't similar at all.

uploadfromtaptalk1396192003658.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396192012676.jpg

I think they are the same fish I will check and post what I find. I know they are in there.

harlowe777

Members
They allways look little diff..I have 2 friereri that look.diff.and 2 red emps.that look little diff.they all very alittle bit..