• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Corpse Flower

We went to see the Corpse Flower today! And while we were there, a Washington Post writer heard me teaching my boys about how the vanilla bean was the seed pod of an orchid, he interviewed me for his submission article. So we might be mentioned in the papers tomorrow in the "Styles" section :)

More info about the corpse flower here:
http://www.usbg.gov/return-titan

Arlene

Corpse Flower.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
I need to go check it out during lunch - it's only about a 10 min walk from my office.

Last time I went, I got hassled by a security guard there and haven't been back since.

Weirdest thing ever: I was looking at the pictures on the wall in the public meeting / event room. The guard yells at me, "What are you doing in there?" I tell him that I'm looking at the pictures and ask if they rent the room for events. He tells me, "You should have known better than to be in there!" I say, "Why? It's public, the glass door was open and there are no signs saying that it's off limits to the public." The guard tells me that I should have know better and continues hassling me. I tell him, "This is weird. Let me talk to your supervisor." So I did. And I understand why the guy who worked for him is hostile to the public (or maybe just me).

I hope they have new security!

Matt