• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Copadichromis Trewavasae

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Been a while since I tried to take any pics so I played a little last night.
I really have a hard time getting a picture of this guy. He refuses to come to the other side of
the tank where there are no filters in the back ground. When I am in the room he likes to hide. Plus he has a lot of reflection that throws me off.
I took a bunch last night this is the first one. Started checking them out but ran out of time. Little dark on the bottom.

DSC_0042.jpg

That's a nice looking fish Pat.

Looking at the shaddow, the subject may have been too far to the rear of the tank here. The flash almost looks like it was coming from the front instead of the top.

You may want to try and use less power on the SB800 for a fish with a lot of reflective properties. On your camera, in the flash mode, select M commander mode-1/8 M-OK

Also try a minus Exposure Compensation. -.3 to -1.3 for starts. Give it a try and let me know what happens.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah, does look like it is in the rear of the tank with that shadow like that.
He did not like the light on the camera. I need to do it
more to get him used to it. ;)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
No, not at this time. He needs to start breeding first. He needs to pay for his keep. :lol:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Another shot from the same sitting. Still in the back of the tank but I liked the color better on this
one. Yes he is facing away.

031606cop.jpg

A little closer and the female cloned out. Sort of.

031606cop2.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks, that one is from tonight. He was trying to attract one of the females to the rocks.
Finally not in the back of the tank.