• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Constructing a styrofoam-based aquarium background

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Settling in and Slowly turning into a show piece.

In quarantine are
Nanochromis parilus
P. taeniatus "Moliwe"
Steatocranus tinanti

In the tank are
Congo tetras
pair of P. pulcher
Steatocranus irvinei
Barbus fasciolatus

Still no cats...

-Shane

Very cool, Shane!

Maybe you mentioned it somewhere, but how big is this tank? 6 footer, no? Are you worried at all about the Pelviachromis sp. or Steatocranus sp. interbreeding or offing each other?

Shane

Members
Worried about jumpers?

Not so much as they can only do it once ;-)

Tony, I do not believe any of these spp will cross and not all will be spawning pairs/groups as there is no way I could get fry out of the tank. It is a six footer.
-Shane

Cartel

Members
Those lights are available at Home Depot for $40 each and come with a built in dimmer switch and ready to plug in. I really like them and am using them on several tanks. The only drawback is that, especially if turned up high, they can get hot as they use 50 watt MR 16 halogen bulbs. I would recommend four inches or more clearence between the lights and the top of the tank, but I do not know any other way to get a 150 watt light fixture for $40 with a built in dimmer and ready to plug in.

Are you using 2 light fixtures on this tank?

Shane

Members
Sorry I have been so out of touch. Travelling a lot lately. Here are a few updated shots.
-Shane

DSC_0744 (2).jpg

DSC_0736 (3).jpg

Shane

Members
I also started work on a 45 gallon SE Asia tank.. do I really want to make another background?
-Shane

DSC_0734 (4).jpg