• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cons and tiger barbs...???

hotwingz

Members
I have a 28 bow that im still deciding what to stock it with. Now i have decided that i wanted to do tiger barbs. Dont know why just have always wanted and couldnt have them i guess lol. Anyways any of the fish i was considering to go with them i cant get locally or get shipped!? But i do like cons and i know they dont need a huge tank. Would 2-4 cons be ok with around 10-15 tiger barbs. I do have the filtering to support this many fish!

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hotwingz

Members
Females ok, not males? Or as long as its all one sex? And is there any good way to sex a juvie con. Im trying to take pics but it doesnt stay still long enough lol.

hotwingz

Members
Gotcha. But is there any good signs on sexing them. I know some fish have or dont have spots. Dont get bright that sort of stuff. But its sometimes white with black stripes but more and more recently been black with light stripes and colors behind its gills.

hotwingz

Members
Its a boy! Ha no pink on this guy. Ok so ill put him in there. Only one though huh :/ is it just cause they get too big for more than one plus! the barbs or is a 28 onoy big enough for one male.???

jonclark96

Past CCA President
You could get away with 2 males until the reach adulthood. I found that two adult male cons had a hard time coexisting in a 55, even with a lot of other fish to beat on.

hotwingz

Members
Ok. And my guy has yellow spots on his side. It has to on the belly to be a female right?

hotwingz

Members
Ill try! Ha my phones not fast enough and my camera wont take a clear pic either.

hotwingz

Members
Ok so not a great pic. But we tried a hundred times and this is the best we could get! Lol but you can see the speckles.

uploadfromtaptalk1331399700371.jpg

hotwingz

Members
Ya someone nipped his fin the other day. One reason i want to move it. Its not keepin up in the growing department with the others. They dont mind it much but once and a while someone will pick on him a bit.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I was looking at the picture on my phone before, but it is still hard to sex with the picture. The fish is really stressed out - hence the dark coloration. I'd move it to its own tank to heal up and then try to put up another picture.

hotwingz

Members
Ya im going to rearange tye new tank. Its been running for a while its not a new set up. But i wana change it first. But im going to do that tomorrow and put it in. But ya ill post another pic after i put it in the new tank.

hotwingz

Members
Their not perfectly clear shots but. Their better than the other ones ive posted. And hes not quite as dark now so you can see the spots better. And you can see some blue in the fins now too!

uploadfromtaptalk1331691144782.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1331691174890.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1331691197856.jpg

hotwingz

Members
Ha well ok then. I guess i get to have a couple more then :)