• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Compressiceps (gold Head)

maddog10

Members
My first attempted "close-up". It is a very young compressiceps (Gold Head), fish is only 2" long. The head is colorful but the rest of the body is still bland.

gh-1.jpg

maddog10

Members
Here is another shot of my smallest Gold Head. I have one that is WAYYY better looking than this one, but it hides whenever I sit down in front of the tank. I have to stay about 10 feet away for him/her to come out and mingle with the other fish. You'll know it when you see it, trust me!!

gh-3.jpg

Tim

Members
Here's a pic representative of most of the compressiceps on the southwest side of the lake.
a_compressiceps.jpg

And a blurry picture from Kambwimba (Kantalamba region) where the Gold Heads are found.
a_comp_goldhead.jpg

Tim

Those last two entries show the difference in what I expect to see from a native gold head.

The second looks a lot like the beauty that Daniel keeps.
GoldFace1.jpg

All the others I see look like my little gal.
11aAltoComp041907.jpg

maddog10

Members
My nice one is a smaller version of Daniel's. I keep the camera and flashes set-up in front of the tank. It is when I sit down, that he goes to his hiding place. He'll get adjusted eventually.

My nice one is a smaller version of Daniel's. I keep the camera and flashes set-up in front of the tank. It is when I sit down, that he goes to his hiding place. He'll get adjusted eventually.[/b]

Hey Mike, I shot my little comp a little while ago. After I was reading this post, I thought I would try to shoot a current example. She was quite cooperative. Sitting there waiting for me. (man, i hate the smiley choices here).

Charlutz

Members
I know this is the photo forum, but no critiquing of the photo itself (please!) as I do not own a DSLR. Just thought that since we were comparing gold heads, I'd post a pic of the large WC male I got as part of a quad group from Old Fish New Fish a couple months ago. Bob told me that he couldn't sell it because nobody wanted one that big. Lucky me!

IMG_4221.jpg