• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Chemipure Blue Safe for Freshwater?

manbern

Members
Hey guys! So, I purchased some Chemipure Blue because there was a promotional sale going on since this was the newest product from Boyd Enterprises. I didn't even bother reading the product description, just bought it out of sheer impulse. Little did I know that this product apparently was marketed to be used on marine/saltwater aquariums. Well, I'm going to be doing a freshwater African Cichlid setup. So, my question is: Will this Chemipure Blue be safe to use on freshwater setups? According to the product description, it looks like it's only activated carbon and an ion exchange resin. And my tap water filter uses ion exchange resin to create de-ionized water. So, this stuff should be safe, right? If not, I guess I have two 11oz jars of Chemipure Blue for sale, or maybe I should start up a saltwater tank, LOL!

Here's the product description from Dr. Foster and Smith:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=28694

Let me know your thoughts!

manbern

Members
So, Boyd Enterprise got back to me and they said that Chemipure Blue was intended for marine setups. It was designed to deal with high phosphate levels and large organic waste loads. Having said that, they have reported that they have had a few customers use CB with African Cichlid setups successfully. Which is perfect for me since that's the tank I'm doing! So thanks for that recommendation to contact the company directly! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app