• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Charity Angels

Greengirl

Members
Hi Everyone,

I have some gorgeous pre-dime angelfish that are ready for new homes. They are panda kois and some have these amazing thick greyish stripes on their white bodies. They are very healthy and eat voraciously. My photography skills are not that great but I will post pictures soon. These angels are being sold for charity, so you can make as big or as small as a donation you want for these pretty fish. I will only keep a quarter of the sales, the rest goes to a local charity. Probably something for the Chesapeake Bay. I live in Bethesda near Rockville Pike. Let me know if and when you would like to check them out.

P.S. all my fish sales will be charity based, so please give generously if you can for my fish. Once I fill my piggy bank I will cut a check to the charity and send you all a picture of it as proof.

JLW

CCA Members
Hmm, you might want to try putting the filter upright -- it will work better.

Also, gravel goes on the bottom. Gluing it to the side of the tank is just weird.

Love the coke bottle, though. ;)

Greengirl

Members
I have decided the official charity of these angels will be the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, a non profit dedicated to preserving our local treasure of the bay and all its inhabitants. The foundation lobbied to provide nesting posts for Ospreys, and now the population has great increased and is no longer endangered. They advocate for safe farming methods to reduce fertilization pollutants, and they are all around awesome. This is a great cause, and I would be happy with any sized donations for these very unique angels.

Greengirl

Members
Here is a better picture of an angel with the grey stripes I was talking about. These are some quality traits and genes that should be grown out and explored. I have never seen angels like them

image.jpg

Ading522

Members
I don't know why my pictures upload sideways.

thats because you take them sideways.. and unless you correct them before uploading them, thats how they'll show.. :) its nice you are doing a charity.. wish i could get some, but i am sticking to africans for the time being, the only SA i would like to try are discus' ..wish you the best of luck on your cause! :)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Were you lying down when you uploaded them? Maybe that's the problem.

Seriously, do you upload them to a service like Photobucket? Are they oriented correctly there?

Greengirl

Members
Were you lying down when you uploaded them? Maybe that's the problem.

Seriously, do you upload them to a service like Photobucket? Are they oriented correctly there?

Lol, you are ridiculous, I took the pics with my iPhone and uploaded them from the phone as well. I don't use photobucket.

So far I have two pending sales. Come and get them while they're hot. These beauties will be gone before you know it.

Ading522

Members
I took them upright. That's what's so confusing.

I think the orientation if the pictures from an iPhone are on portrait default settings.. I think that if you take it with the iPhone horizontally instead of upright it will upload right and not sideways.. just my two cents.. never tried uploading from my phone so I haven't tried that yet..

dogofwar

CCA Members
...so anyone welling to throw a few bucks at some nice little angels, especially given that she's gonna giove 3/4 of it to charity?

Matt

Greengirl

Members
...so anyone welling to throw a few bucks at some nice little angels, especially given that she's gonna giove 3/4 of it to charity?

Matt

Thank you Matt, let's keep bumping. I am humoring the idea of posting this on craigslist, but I am cautious of letting total strangers find out where I live. What would you guys do? I know I have been to several peoples homes to get fish stuff, but I live alone. Any thoughts?

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'd keep it in the club if I were you.

If, however, you decide to list them on CL, meet people somewhere away from your place, at a Starbucks or something like that.

Also, fishkeepers on Craigslist are a mixed bag in terms of their fishkeeping skills, so you might be consigning the fish to an unpleasant existence.