• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Charity Angels' offspring

mchambers

Former CCA member
About a year ago, I bought six of Greengirl's charity angels. Over time, it became clear I had three pairs. I've now sold two of the pairs, and kept the third, who frequently laid eggs, but the fry always disappeared. I figured giving them more space might help.

Three weeks ago, they laid eggs on a sword leaf. I cut the leaf and moved it to a 5 gallon. Now I've got 50 or so fry in that tank.

Last week, the parents laid eggs again. This time, they seem to be doing a better job of parenting. They've moved the fry to a sword leaf, and they are carefully monitoring the babies, which can't swim yet. When one falls off, they pick it up and put it back on the leaf. Video below:

[YT]XHLcH09LNfM[/YT]

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Awesome. I have one of her...actually two they are beautiful.
Nice it usually takes a few tries but they get it. Glad it does not wrk like that for people

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
I LOVE THIS!! Those guys really grew into beauties. They look a lot less stressed out than the ones you brought in to sell the last time, I couldn't tell how stunning they are. I am so happy to see their vibrant blacks and silvers. I may have to buy some fry back because they look so good. Please keep us posted on their progress.