• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CARES Fish Available

mrkillie

Members
I have two CARES species available. First, 5 Prognathochromis perrieri that I really don't have the space to devote to them. They are extinct in the wild and very few people have them. I would rather someone who can give them the space they need have them. They are 1 1/2 to 2 inches. All 5 for $50.

I also have some Butterfly Goodeids, Ameca splendens, with location at about 1 inch for $3 each. I will have the location written on the bag if anyone is interested.

I can bring them to the meeting on Saturday.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Good stuff, Joel!

Here's a profile of the Victorian Hap (Prognathochromis perrieri)

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1565

Scientific Name: Prognathochromis perrieri

Pronunciation: pr-nth--kr-ms pyr-r-

Common Name(s): Haplochromis pellegrini

Geo. Origin: Ugandan side of Lake Victoria

Habitat: Intermediate zone

Diet: Carnivore

Gender Differences: Dimorphic

Breeding: Maternal Mouthbrooder

Temperament: Mildly Aggressive

Conspecific Temperament: Aggressive

Maximum Size: 5.5"

Temperature: 74-78°F

pH: 7.2-8.6

Water Hardness: Hard

Difficulty: 2

Photo Credit: Paul V. Loiselle

Comments:
Haplochromis "Prognathochromis" perrieri is a piscovore that is now believed to be extinct in the wild. It is therefore imperative that hobbyists preserve the purity of this species's genetics.

chriscoli

Administrator
Thanks for posting the info on the Vic. It's the kind of thing I'd be interested in, but I'm not sure I have room....

Joel, Matt, what size tank do these guys need?

mrkillie

Members
Thanks for posting the info on the Vic. It's the kind of thing I'd be interested in, but I'm not sure I have room....

Joel, Matt, what size tank do these guys need?

They would probably do well in a 55 or larger, at least a 75 would be better. I have them in a 20 now and they really need a bigger tank. I was planning to put them in my 150, but I rehomed a bunch of yellow labs and demasonis and that tank is now not an option. If I end up keeping them, I will probably send a bunch of the labs and demasonis packing at the Konvention next weekend and then put them in the 150.

thedavidzoo

Members
I am very interested in your fish. I have several other CARES species. I just have to clear out 2 males I have in excess of another species to make space, hopefully soon. Please pm me before you get rid of them.
Thanks!