• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Calvus Tank Mates

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I bought 5 white calvus from the ECC auction this past weekend. They are about 2". They are currently in a temporary tank since I'll be re-arranging my setup in less than a month. Then I'll have a 40B for the calvus. I'd like to put something else in with them. Perhaps a shell-dweller (I have a few different species I can pick from) and I really want something to occupy the upper part of the tank. I've heard of people adding tetras but I really prefer to stay with a fish from the lake. Any suggestions or experiences?

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Thanks Sarah!

Yay I like paracyps. Now to find some. How many should I get?

Should I put in multies, brevis, or hecqui? I know my stapps, speciosus, and ornatipinnis would be too aggressive and active.

fischfan13

Banned
Sam, I never did get the chance to thank you for making the drive up to Jersey...I hope that you girls enjoyed yourself.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Sam, I never did get the chance to thank you for making the drive up to Jersey...I hope that you girls enjoyed yourself.

We had a blast! If grad school allows, I will definitely be at the next one in the fall!

I do a 55 gallon instead, could I get cyprichromis?