• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Calvus owners watch out!

I tell you what every time I turn around my female yellow fin calvus is getting stuck. The first time she tried to go thru a hole in something that was too small and got stuck. I had to break the thing to get her out. I was confused. I thought she would be able to know she cant fit.:confused:

Next, The last two days I noticed the female hiding. Well I do some searching and she is not hiding she is STUCK again in another spot. I get her out gently and she is so happy swimming around after being stuck for two days. I have never had a fish this clumsy.

Man, what is the deal. :eek: She needs to be careful.

My warning to others keep a close eye on your females!:jumpy: Calvus that is.:cool:

She was stuck both times for sure. IMO Well at least the first time b/c she was seriously stuck. The second time I suppose, but I feel that is not the reason. She was flailing and not going anywhere breathing fast both times.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Probably right then.

I did come home from the ACA last year to find a male Redfin comp. stuck in a cave opening
Did not make it.