• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ca Juvies

maddog10

Members
Got a few groups of fish in this week, all juveniles.

Nandopsis haitiensis 1.25"
hait-1.jpg

Herichthys carpintis 2"
carp-1.jpg

Hypsophorys nicaraguense 3"
nic-1.jpg

Vieja bifasciatus 2.5"
bifa-1.jpg

Parachromis Friedricksthalli 3"
freddy-1.jpg

Not the best photos, I only used the on board flash and the very limited lighting in my fish room, didn't clean glass, stray reflections, poor backgrounds, etc...(you know, all the things you are not supposed to do when taking photos).

Congrats on the new fish.

You know something Mike, I find my D200's onboard flash works better than the D70's. It looks like your D80 does better too. Not nearly as harsh as the older models. Don't ask me why. Just an observation. :rolleyes:

maddog10

Members
Thanks Bobby.

I was actually VERY surprised at how well these came out. I literally just went into the fish room and started snapping photos, didn't put much effort into it. A lot of the used tanks that I use in the fish room are scratched pretty bad or have permanent stains on the glass, not the best photo tanks. Just wanted some shots so that I could track color changes as the fish matured. Some of these Central Americans are fascinating fish, of course most of these are going to grow up and try to kill everything in the tank. :smashfreakB: