• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bushy Nose

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I picked up a pair of Bushy nose albino plecos at the ACLC meeting on the 16th

I now have eggs. The question is, what is the usual time frame till hatching. The male is guarding a bunch of them in a cave I provided. Just wondering how long.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
LOL
Yeah, me too.
Now have a bunch of very little guys stuck to the sides of the tank.
Hope I can keep them growing.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Damn and I though guppies and such bred alot.

I now have around 40 or so fry stuck to the glass in the tank. I may have to removed the parents if they do not slow down. lol

longstocking

Members
LOL... try having 2 females and 1 male. I think I have about 150 fry right now off of 2 spawns. They don't stop ! That's why I put the no reserve auctions up.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
lol
Well if nothing else, I will have cleaner tanks in a couple of months when they get a little bigger.

Charlutz

Members
Any chance these guys would have any fry survive in a community tank with cichlids? I assumed not, which was why I wanted to get another pair from Julie to put in a tank with smaller cichlids. But maybe I'll just let nature take its course in my large tank.

Charlutz

Members
I really doubt it. Maybe with things like rams... etc. But definently not with tangs.[/b]

Too bad. I'll still keep my eye out in case any fry make it. I figured since they were nocturnal and my tank has lots of large rockpiles they might be able to avoid the cichlids. If Julie gets in any more large ones, let me know as breeding them sounds fun.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Not as fry. Once they get to about 1 1/2 inches maybe but not too small. I have some in with full grown peacocks but they are at least 2 inches.

DeeCee

Members
Pat, I can give you some hints on how to slow down your BN from breeding.

It's EASY! Gosh, I wondered why ours hadn't bred in so long, and finally did a head-count and realized there's only males in the tank! :confused0068:

DC

Mine spawn in the tanks with Kribs and I end up with survivors because the male dug under a rock that the Kribs couldnt get under and the babies stayed under that rock until they were at least 3/4" although I doubt they would last with Africans.