• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bricks with holes?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
It would work, but seems like an awful lot of work to me. Hammer drilling a 1" hole through 3 or 4 inches of masonry will take a bit of time. Building something out of tile and epoxy would be more efficient. Rubberbanding a bunch of PVC together would be the most time and cost effective, but certainly wouldn't look pleasing.

Forester

Members
It would work, but seems like an awful lot of work to me. Hammer drilling a 1" hole through 3 or 4 inches of masonry will take a bit of time. Building something out of tile and epoxy would be more efficient. Rubberbanding a bunch of PVC together would be the most time and cost effective, but certainly wouldn't look pleasing.

True. It would probably end up making more sense to just buy a cave.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've certainly gone down the flowerpot / broken flowerpot rubble and PVC pipe route plenty of times... just saw these holey bricks and wondered if there was a domestic source.

Probably a buck or less in Uruguay. Shipping would be rough though :)

Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes, because nothing says a beautiful, natural tank like a man-made clay pot!

Seriously, no one is asking about the aesthetics of bricks in this thread.