• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Blue tetras

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Anyone ever keep these? Have a line on 3/$10 and was thinking about getting 12-15.

blue tetra.jpg

YSS

Members
Very cool looking. If they are hardy, definitely would consider for my discus tank.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
You shouldn't have to ask

Natural (and hardy) according to what I've read. Does this mean I should ask him about a volume discount? Shipping is from MA, which is usually next day for USPS Priority Mail.

dogofwar

CCA Members
They're natural. I'd bet on 2 days with Priority Mail, though...

Matt

Natural (and hardy) according to what I've read. Does this mean I should ask him about a volume discount? Shipping is from MA, which is usually next day for USPS Priority Mail.

YSS

Members

Will have to pass on the offer. Based on what I've read, they prefer cooler temp.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
They are fantastic. Really vivid coloring, great schooling behavior. More is better! Current name is Knodus borkii, I believe. They spawn really easily as well, i found about 40 fry by accident.

I've kept them before, but make sure that your other fish are about the same size, because they can be a little mean to the others.

Arlene

MonteSS

Members
I had a group of twelve wild caught. They were active and schooled well but mine were not very blue.

...Bill

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
There may be more than one "blue tetra." I used to own some by the name of Boehlkea fredcochui.

Blaise