• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Blue phantom?

Decker504

Members
I know you guys are looking for green phantom.... but here is a blue one with another cool pleco.... shipping is free as well... so far the price is reasonable...

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishp&1322445595

I lucked out and traded for a blue phantum b4 work today. I got a green phantum too. Word is pleco prices are high right now due to a export ban while some study is being performed.

Sent from my DROID3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Shane

Members
Word is pleco prices are high right now due to a export ban while some study is being performed.

I think there is some confusion here. Both the L128 and L200 forms of Hemiancistrus subviridis are exported from the Rio Orinoco via Colombia. Colombia only monitors export of a few dozen fishes and these are nearly all food fishes.

Brazil does monitor ornamental fish exports and has a "positive list" of those species permitted to be exported. Brazil's newest positive list actually ADDED several loricariid species. Regardless, Brazil's laws would have no impact on Hemiancistrus subviridis.

-Shane

Decker504

Members
Thanks for the info, guess I got bad gossip at the ole LFS!

Plenipotentiary-at-large

Decker504

Members
Post office temporarily misplaced his shipment to me - we had two weeks to correspond and "get to know" each other a bit - for most of it he was a borderline jerk, kept acting like it was my fault. He has a good Aquabid rating, maybe just doesn't deal well with the rare adversity.

I guess anything can happen, I got a pike DOA and he took care of it for me. Leave it to the Post Office to LOSE live cargo, WTF!