• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Big fire along 495

s10jimmy

Members
What was on fire next to 495 on sat. ?:eek: I was driving to the meeting about 1 pm and the smoke was so thick it slowed traffic to a crawl I've never saw that much smoke from any structure fire ! And on the way home at 10pm it was still smoking pretty good .
I took some cool video of me driving through the smoke , here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wq_2DuKZ3A

fischfan13

Banned
Rumor has it Sarah burnt lunch...just a rumor.
SaiyanSmilie_anim.gif

WendyFish

Members
Yeah, we actually drove up to Exotic Aquatics in Bmore on Saturday morning to get some fish, drop them in the tank, then turn around and go to the meeting. We passed through the Laurel fire billowing across 95 probably not too long before they shut it down. I was glad we made it through, that would have totally screwed things up!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Awesome video, Jimmy. I heard stories, but didn't imagine it to look like that!

Was cool hanging out with you on Saturday. Glad you could make it down. :)

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
That was a great quality video. I've never seen smoke like that except on the news from Cali in the summer.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hey Jim, Great Video
It was I 95 south.
I came down at about 11:45. You could see it ahead but I get off at the Laurel exit, Rt198, to go to the meeting. I lucked out. Traffic was just hitting the brakes when I got off the exit.

Coming home at 6pm or so when I finally left the meeting I 95 was closed. Rt 198 was backed up like crazy going the other way.
I got on north bound and traffic was heavy but the fire was south of us.

s10jimmy

Members
Thanks guys, It was great to meet everybody at the meeting .
I've been to a ton of fires and I've never seen anything like that before !lol I thought it was a forest fire because it didn't smell like a structure fire , no plastic or chemical smell . I shot the video with my cannon t1i , it shoots video in hd .

mdlnewman

Members
Laurel was a mulch company several huge piles on fire. I went to Hard Times after the meeting and 95 was a dead stop at the beltway. I went on to route 50/3 to come home after.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Nice! Was that Meatloaf playing on the radio? I was thinking of fire related songs that would have been cool to play while filming...

We didn't start the fire, B.Joel
The Roof is on Fire, Bloodhound Gang
Burning Down the House, Talking Heads
Firestarter, Prodigy
Standing outside the fire, G. Brooks
Strange Fire, Indigo Girls (my wife's contribution)
Light my Fire, Doors
Purple Haze, Jimmy (somehwat related)
Sex is on Fire, K.O.L.
Ring of Fire, J. Cash
.....Come on people what do you got? :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Nice! Was that Meatloaf playing on the radio? I was thinking of fire related songs that would have been cool to play while filming...

We didn't start the fire, B.Joel
The Roof is on Fire, Bloodhound Gang
Burning Down the House, Talking Heads
Firestarter, Prodigy
Standing outside the fire, G. Brooks
Strange Fire, Indigo Girls (my wife's contribution)
Light my Fire, Doors
Purple Haze, Jimmy (somehwat related)
Sex is on Fire, K.O.L.
Ring of Fire, J. Cash
.....Come on people what do you got? :)

Was looking for a good clip of Dwight Shrute and found this.... if you're not an Office junky like me, then this will make no sense. If you appreciate you some Michael Scott, then turn your computer speakers up and jam out.

(I'm thinking there will be 2 people will love this, with the overwhelming not seeing the gold that this video is)

[YT]JPcuwZlJShE[/YT]