• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

big eye

fmkeylock

Members
hello i am very new at this and have just noticed one of my fish has a big eye. there is no sign of ich that i can see and water chemistry is dead on with a PH of 8.2 it is a 40 gallon tank housing mbuna. no other signs on other fish?? any help would be appreciated
thanks

Hawkman2000

Members
Sounds like a case of pop-eye. I had an African get it once. Treated it with Epsom salts (CVS brand) and melfix. The Epsom salts help the built up fluids in and behind the eye pass through the ocular membranes relieving the pressure. I used 1 tablespoon for every 10g of Epsom salt and directed dosage for the melafix. Worked great for me, but that was the only African I ever had so someone else will probably know a better method.

Hawkman2000

Members
Would be better to setup a hospital tank, but you can treat them all together. I would also do 10% water changes every day and add appropriate dosage of Epsom salts and melafix for the amount of water changed.