• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BGE notice electticity outage in Catonsville July 19

marge618

CCA member
Yup. BGE is testing their power grid in Catonsville July 19 8:30 to noon.. Yes, I know that is today..

Then there is an alternate date of Friday July 22

If the power is shut off what should I be doing?

( Already did major water change earlier this week.)

marge618

CCA member
Will do another water change.

Anyone else had their neighborhhood power turned off for repairs please chime in. How did it work out?

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
SEE IF YOU CAN BORROW A GENERATOR IF THE OUTTAGE WILL HARM YOUR FISH. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO BORROW ONE FROM A FELLOW CCA MEMBER.

dogofwar

CCA Members
In addition to not feeding, I'd add a battery air pump or two to heavily stocked tanks. The rest will be OK for a ~3 hours.

Matt

londonloco

Members
I've had my power go out for 3 days in January, twice, I did nothing. First time angels and discus all survived, no losses. Second time (few years later) out of 7 tanks I lost some cory's and a all my rummy nose. But my shell dwellers and rainbows all survived.

Hawkman2000

Members
I wonder if this is how they are disguising scheduled brown-outs. A friend of mine (master electrician for 25 years) told me that some power companies "schedule service" when they know that they won't have enough power for everyone. They see the weather forecast and know its going to be super hot....