• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Betta Spawn!

zackcrack00

Members
Hey guys! I just had my first successful betta spawn out of 5 tries. Man these things are finicky!!! The dad is an orange VeilTail and the mom is also a VeilTail but is light-orange with dark orange fins. The female is back in her jar being healed from the spawn. Is what pretty rough as it was both of their firsts. The babies are just starting to hatch!!! :D I am stoked!

photo (3).jpg

photo (4).JPG

photo (6).JPG

Ading522

Members
Congrats Zack! If you get some nice betta halfmoon, give me a message!

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Congratulations, Zach!

Do you have something really small to feed the fry (like infusoria)?

That female's looking rough...watch out for fungus.

Matt

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Congrats on the spawn. I agree with matt that you should monitor the female for fungus. Have the meds and air pump on hand.

zackcrack00

Members
Congratulations, Zach!

Do you have something really small to feed the fry (like infusoria)?

That female's looking rough...watch out for fungus.

Matt

My BBS should hatch today. :)

I am going to stick an air stone in there. I only have the fungus treatment in the little tabs. I got it at the auction.....

zackcrack00

Members
In case you all were wondering the tea-colored water is not dirty, it's the Indian Almond Leaves releasing tannins into the water.

chriscoli

Administrator
Is there any reason not to give her a little melafix and pimafix now? They are great preventatives for disease on torn fins.

zackcrack00

Members
Thanks!!! All of the fry are now in the "Vertical swimming stage". They fall out of the nest and if they don't swim back up dad sticks 'em in a bubble. It's surprisingly adorable to watch!

Becca

Members
Hey Z, I have a "retro" (read: No Longer in Print) book on Labyrinth fish - would you like it?

Greengirl

Members
That's so awesome!! I can't wait to get one. My ancient office Beta finally died last week. He lived 4.5 years+. We reallly miss having a fish but I will hold out for one of yours. Post a better pick of the dad please.

zackcrack00

Members
The 15-30 fry now have the entire 29 gallon to themselves, and boy do they love it!!! They are eating 2-3 times a day newly hatched baby brine shrimp and frozen rotifers!