• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Betta patoti spawning!

chriscoli

Administrator
A few meetings ago, I picked up two Betta patoti from our auction...they were very much an impulse buy. The next meeting, I found out that they were Jesse's and Tony had a single, lonely female that he brought to me to add to the group.

Well, I go to see what's going on in my community tank on the main level of our house, and the patotis are spawning! They are paternal mouthbrooders, and do it "betta style", but other than that, I know nothing about how to successfully raise their fry (if it's even worth it).

Anyone with experience with these???

Thank you Tony and Jesse!

patoti 1.jpg

patoti 2.jpg

patoti 4.jpg

patoti 3.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
That is super cool! Congrats!

I think Sam had a successful spawn. No special care required for raising the fry. They grow faster than his central Americans, but that's not saying all that much, lol.

Unbelievable pics!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Blessed be Dragons

Fry are big, grow really fast and eat most anything. One of the most entertaining species I've kept, but have heard reports of lone adults taking bites out of larger fish if they feel the need for a snack.

Mine spawned in an 8 gallon bio-cube.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres

... have heard reports of lone adults taking bites out of larger fish if they feel the need for a snack..

I can attest to that claim. Have a few scarred-up eartheaters to prove it.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I hope to shout...

...as the previously referenced "reports" are none other than thy very own. So much for full disclosure..

turfboss

Members
great shots chris - what camera are you using - I am torn between the lower cost of the Nikon D5100 - the D90 full frame and the D7000 more expensive than I really want to spend conundrum - wondering what you used to shoot these photos - and please don't tell mee your cell phone:)

chriscoli

Administrator
Oh, and dad ate all the eggs. I read that was a probelm the first few times around with them, so I'm not too surprised.