• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Beamswork LED

I just got my Beamswork 72 inch led today and it is beautiful!!!!! At a fraction of the cost it is literally identical to the marineland version. paid 65 bucks for it brand new :)

Vinh2o

Members
I am thinking about purchasing a few 36 inch units. I need them for African Cichlid tanks, no plants but I do want show off colors. Can someone please recommend the model number & the seller. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CichlidDan

Members
Can anyone post pics please? I'm currently looking for a 36" led for my Africans tank which has some plants in it. Thanks

carl_d_c

Members
I bought five Beamworks, I like the 48" on the shallower tanks (12") but the 36" are OK on the 40b.

I have a Finnex 24/7 on a 75, and it's much nicer ... but a lot more money.

Got mine from Amazon.

I need to work on my picture taking!

20160505_084559_resized.jpg

20160505_084611_resized.jpg

carl_d_c

Members
BTW, the different "bulbs" don't diffuse very well, so you get Green and red "spots" in the tank, especially on plants and rocks ... anything raised above the substrate.

Becca

Members
It's nice that they've upped their game on the lighting colors. The one we have (4-5 years old) is just white LEDs but gives off a sort of yellowish hue.

Becca

Members
yeah Rebecca, they look so nice and the night mode is pretty! I will post a pic for everyone when I get home from school today.

Ours has held up OK. It has a few burnt out leds and the power source fried less than a year after we bought it. That was the reason we haven't bought another. It was clearly faulty, but the seller (also topdogsellers) refused to replace it. I think Christine had similar issues with Beamswork LEDs. From what I've heard over the past few years, newer models aren't having this issue.

Howie

Members
I bought a 60" Beamswork for my 120 extra high about a year ago from TopDog on eBay. It's pretty good for the price, but in no way comes even close to my newly acquired 48" Finnex Ray 2.

The Finnex Ray 2 has a whiter, cleaner, and much brighter light that penetrates and carpets the bottom of my 75 and brings out all the bold colors and subtle hues of my fish (now I can fully appreciate Reed's and Pat's beautiful fish!).

Of course, Finnex lights are much better made, have a significantly thinner width footprint, and are at a much higher price point than Beamswork.

I eventually will upgrade to Finnex LEDS for all of my showtanks. When you invest alot in quality fish you want to actually see them. Just my .02

Last edited:

Eyeguy05

Members
i have a 150 tall, 30" tall i think. will the beams work be bright enough for my tank? i dont have live plants or anything.

Howie

Members
i have a 150 tall, 30" tall i think. will the beams work be bright enough for my tank? i dont have live plants or anything.

You're going to need a fixture with alot of 7000-10000k LEDS with high lumens for that deep a tank. IMO Beamswork may not be bright enough. I'd go with several Finnex Ray 2s--it will definitely penetrate 30" and be bright enough.